The latest Android 4.2.2 version of Jelly Bean OS for Samsung Galaxy S3 in not officially released yet, S3 owners can download and install the latest version of the custom ROM from Cyanogen Mod.
Samsung Galaxy S3 device officially running Android OS updated to the Android 4.1.2 version of Jelly Bean with Ice Cream Sandwich.
After you’ll switching to the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware, it will bring new features including improvement for device’s camera with a better camera app.
Before you move to the installation process with CM 10.1 on the Galaxy S3 device, you should to check the technical details of this custom ROM on the CyanogenMod website.
How quickly and easily install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean using CM 10.1 ROM update in the Samsung Galaxy S3.
- First, connect your Samsung Galaxy S3 model number SGH-i747 to your PC using USB cable.
- Second, download latest version available on official CyanogenMod website and move (Copy and Paste) the downloaded CM10.1 M3 ROM based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS to your Samsung Galaxy S3 device.
- Third, power off the device and disconnect it from PC by removing the USB cable.
- Now enter your device intro ClockWorkMode Recovery. To do that you need to press and keep holding the Power, Home and Volume Up buttons simultaneously.
- Next, from Recovery Mode menu perform a full Wipe Data/Factory Reset, In case, you upgrade from your previously ROM version of OS this step is optional.
- Note: In Recovery Mode menu, for navigating between different options use Volume Key, in case you have TWRP recovery tool, you need to use touchscreen to navigate in its Recovery Mode menu.
- Now, from the main Recovery Mode menu, select Wipe Cache Partition and from the next screen confirm with YES.
- Now, from the advanced option select Wipe Dalvik Cache and after that, select Yes to confirm.
- Back on the main menu in Recovery Mode and from there, select the install zip from SDcard and after that, select choose zip from internal SDcard,, search and select the copied CM10.1 M3 file based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM.
- Confirm its installation with a click on Yes option.
- Wait to complete the installation and after the flashing process is done, return to recovery main menu.
- From the Recovery Mode main menu select reboot system now. This action will reboot your Samsung Galaxy S3 device.
Please let us know if you have other supplementary questions using our comment section below.