Launched last year, the Motorola Moto Z is one of the most popular smartphones from the American company, known mostly for sturdiness. This means you can attach Moto mods to the phone and experience a distinctive functionality. The snap on the back of the device is about expanding its functionality by adding a stereo speaker set, a projector, or a huge battery, for example.Though it was to some extent on the expensive side at launch; it offered a great value for money. The software on the Motorola Moto Z smartphone is very good, since Motorola has always had a near stock experience on their devices with so many intuitive features that simplifies everything.
Now, if you want to change a little bit your Moto Z phone by flashing a third party custom ROM, in this post, we will show you how you can install an Android 7.1.1 Nougat based ROM . The working features of the smartphone on this ROM are the rear and front camera, auto brightness, fingerprint, Mic, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, IR, Hotspot, RIL and more.
Before starting the process there are some requirements that are necessary for the installation. Make sure you met the following requirements:
- First of all, you need to install a custom recovery software, such as TWRP custom recovery.
- Make a complete backup of your device, because during the installation of this ROMyou will need to wipe the internal memory of your phone, and if you don’t make a backup you will end up losing all your data files.
- Also, make sure that the battery of your device has more than 60% charge before you begin the installation. If the smartphone’s battery dies during the process, then you may end up with a completely bricked phone.
How to Install the Android 7.1.1 Nougat Based ROM on the Motorola Moto Z smartphone
- Download from here the Nougat ROM for Motorola Moto Z.
- Make sure is that you copy the downloaded file to your Moto Z smartphone.
- Turn off the phone and enter it into the recovery mode by pressing the Volume Down and Power Key at the same time.
- Once you are in the recovery menu, select and confirm wipe data, system, cache and Dalvik cache.
- Go back to the recovery menu and tap on Install.
- Browse for the firmware file copied earlier and select it.
- Swipe to begin the installation.
- After the installation is completed, before rebooting the device you can choose to install the GApps.
- Once this is done, your Moto Z smartphone will reboot into the new Android 7.1.1 Nougat based ROM.