The official Android Jelly Bean 4.1.1 XXLT6 update has been officially released for Galaxy Note N7000 device. So in case your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 device is running on officially JB 4.1.2 XXLT6 version of firmware and you want to root the same you can learn it from the instructions given below.
This root guide will use ODIN app, a flashing tool developed by Samsung.
- The root access is necessary when you want to flash custom tools, applications or ROMs on your device.
- Custom recovery images such us CWM or TWRP recovery, in case you want to have access on your internal system device’s files, and also if you want to custom and improve the performances of your device.
- The warranty of your device will get void,
- The warranty can be restored only if will be installed a stock Android firmware.
- Backup all your data stored on the internal device’s memory
- Enable the USB debugging option on the Note device (“Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging”)
- Verify the device’s battery status, it should be more that 70% level.
- Also, a windows PC is used and the device’s USB cable.
- Deactivate or uninstall all the security settings and programs such as antivirus and firewalls.
How to Root Smsung Galaxy Note on stock JB 4.1.2 XXLT6 OS
- Install in your PC the suitable USB driver for Samsung Galaxy Note device (you can download and install Samsung KIES for an automatic installation of drivers)
- Now download the root pack file from here, save it in your PC.
- Unzip the downloaded root file on the desktop.
- Next, download Odin, unzip the file and install the ODIN app.
- Run Odin app on your PC such as Administrator.
- Power off your device.
- Boot it into Download Mode (press Volume Down + Home + Power buttons at the same time)
- Connect The Galaxy Note device to the PC using USB cable.
- After the connection was established on the ODIN app must say “added” message and the ID:COM section should be collared on yellow or blue.
- In case Odin doesn’t display “added” message and ID:COM section isn’t collared in yellow or blue you have to disconnect your device, change the USB port and reinstall the drivers once again, repeat all steps from the beginning.
- From Odin select “PDA” button, browse and pick the extracted root file from desktop.
- Now click on “start” from ODIN to start the rooting process.
- Now, wait ODIN to complete the rooting process.
- When the root process is successfully done, the ODIN app will say “pass” message.
- You can disconnect the phablet from PC, by safe removing the USB cable.
- Reboot the Note handset.
- If the device gets stuck or it enters into a boot loop, you have to do:
- Power off your device
- Boot it into Recovery mode by pressing the Volume Up + Power + Home buttons simultaneous.
- From the Recovery Mode menu select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition” and confirm.
- Now, return with “+++go back+++” and select “reboot system now”.
If the ODIN app has been frozen or gets stuck, you have to do:
- Close the ODIN app.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the PC.
- Force to restart the Galaxy Note device.
- Reinstall the drivers once again to your PC.
- Run Odin once again.
- Reboot the Note device into download mode.
- Repeat all the steps from the root procedure.
That’s all; you’ve successfully learnt how to root Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 on stock Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware.