Update Samsung Galaxy Chat B5330 with Official Android Jellybean 4.1.2 XXUBMD2 Firmware
Today the Samsung Galaxy Chat B5530 device’s owners can update their device with the latest official version of Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean named XXUBMD2 firmware version. This latest version was released by Samsung and comes to fix all the bugs and issues existent on its old versions,there where reported bugs related to the camera and overheating issues. Additionally, the Android 4.2.2 firmware brings with a lot of new features and new capabilities such as Touch Wiz of Nature UX user interface.
You need to know that this firmware is official firmware released by Samsung and this tutorial will teach you – how manually apply it on the Samsung Galaxy Chat B5330 device during a step by step guide. So, before to move of our installation guide you need to follow some prerequisites first and a list of guidelines that are required to be followed before to starting the flashing process.
- This tutorial is released to update the device with stock firmware only and won’t root it.
- Backup all your personal data and applications stored and installed on your Samsung Chat B5530 device. Do not use the KIES app or ROM manager for getting the backup.
- For saving the SMS, you can use the SMS Backup and Restore application from Google Play Store and our tutorial from here.
- For syncing your contacts, (sync your contacts with Gmail application).
- For doing a full backup for your data and applications stored on your device you can save them in the cloud or locally, by using our tutorials for that.
- Save call logs by using the call Log and Restore application.
- Note down from the following path: “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names” the APN settings and MMS configuration.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode from the following path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
- Charge your device’s battery to have more than 60% power left on it; otherwise you can take a risk to receive a forced power off during the installation process.
- Remember that:The Android.sc Team provides all these instructions and information only for educational and instructional purpose. So, do not blame us if something goes wrong, damage your smartphone or you’ll lose any data during the installation process. Just in case you need more help or you have supplementary questions about our article, please use our comment section and we will try to find the optimum solution for your issues.
- Use this article and all instructions listed here only with Samsung Galaxy Chat model no B5330 carrier unlocked.
How to Manually Update the Samsung Galaxy Chat B5330 with official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXUBMD2 Firmware:
- Download the Android 4.1.2 XXUBMD2 from here.
- Download the ODIN app from here.
- Once the download of both files is done save them in your PC.
- Open Odin app in your PC
- Power off your Galaxy Chat device.
- Boot it into the Download Mode, to do that press and keep holding the Volume down and OK button in the same time, with these two buttons pressed press the Power Button. When a warning message is displayed press on the Volume Up button to entering the Download Mode Menu.
- Now, with the device entered in its Download Mode, connect your Galaxy Chat B5330 device to the PC with its original USB cord.
- Look Odin interface and there you need to see that the ID : COM zone will be colored Yellow, that thing confirm you that the USB drivers are correct installed, and you can begin the flashing process.
- Do not make other changes in ODIN interface, let the default settings.
- Now, click on PDA button and browse and load the .tar file from the extracted update firmware file.
- When you’re ready you can begin the flashing process with a click on START button from ODIN app.
- Now, wait to complete the flashing process by ODIN app and when the smartphone will be rebooted automatically, that thing indicates that the firmware update has been applied with success.
If your smartphone entering into boot loop, or the ODIN is frozen or says gets stuck when the welcome screen should be displayed, remove the its battery and then wait 5 seconds and reinsert the battery in its place. After you’ve reinsert the battery, redo the mentioned guide from the beginning.
Congratulation, you’ve successfully learned how to update your Samsung Galaxy Chat B5330 with Official Android Jellybean 4.1.2 XXUBMD2 firmware.
Let us know in our comment section if this latest firmware is what you ‘ve expected from Samsung update.