We will focus over a new Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean available for Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070 device; this new OS update is named DXAMD1. You’ll learn how to manually update the official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 DXAMD1 on Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070 device.
The Android 4.1.2 DXAMD1 firmware isn’t available for all Samsung Galaxy S Advance devices, and that’s why a manual update procedure is needed to be possible for all its users who want to install the same on their device.
This new Jelly Bean 4.1.2 DXAMD1 firmware solves the bugs of the previous version and it is a stable platform. In additional, it comes with some additional improvements in the trend of features and some new application such as Multi Window capability feature.
So before beginning the step by step update guide we will teach you the guidelines which have to follow in order to successfully complete the installation of firmware.
- The warranty for your S Advance device won’t be affected by this update. This new firmware is an official update released by Samsung.
- In case your device is rooted, applying this stock firmware you’ll revoke the root access, and also the warranty will be restored.
- You can use our root procedure if you want to restore your root rights over your Samsung Galaxy S Advance applied on the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean DXAMD1.
- Now, backup all your data before to move at the step by step updating guide. This is a manual update.
- A Windows PC, Galaxy S Advanced device and its original USB cord is needed.
- Uninstall or disable all the security application running in your PC and in your device. This kind of applications (antivirus, firewall) can interfere with the firmware installation process and can interrupt it.
- Enable the USB debugging option from your Android device by following the next path: “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging.
- Make sure that your device battery has enough power level.
- This guide and all information from here are compatible only with the Samsung Galaxy S Advance model I9070 device.
How to Update Galaxy S Advance to Official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 DXAMD1 Firmware
- Make sure you have installed the suitable drivers on your PC, if not you can install the Samsung KIES app and install the drivers.
- Download the Official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 DXAMD1 package file from here.
- Download the ODIN app.
- Extract the downloaded archive pack file on your PC desktop.
- Now, extract, install and open Odin app.
- Next, power off the Samsung Galaxy S Advance Device.
- Boot it into Download Mode; for completing this operation you have to press and keep holding Power, Volume Down and Menu buttons simultaneously.
- Now, connect your Android S device to the PC, using its original USB cable.
- Look at the ODIN interface and make sure that the “added” message will be showed and the ID: COM together with the port number will be yellow or blue.
- In case ODIN doesn’t display in its interface the above elements, you will have to reinstall the suitable drivers once again, and after that to repeat all the guide steps from the beginning.
- Now, if the ODIN works as we explained at the step 9, from the ODIN app you need to select the ‘PDA’ option.
- Browse and pick the extracted firmware file.
- Important: Make sure the RE0partition box in the ODIN interface must be unchecked. Don’t make any other changes in the ODIN interface.
- Now, when you are ready to start the updating process click on “Start” button from ODIN.
- After the flashing process is done, the ODIN will display the “pass” message.
- Disconnect the smartphone from the PC.
Troubleshooting And Tips To Solve The Problems That Can Appear During The Installation Process
IF the Odin application gets stuck or frozen you have to do:
- First, you need to close Odin app.
- Disconnect the Samsung Galaxy S Advance from the PC
- When the smartphone has been disconnected force to restart it.
- Now, you have to reinstall the proper drivers on the computer once more.
- Open Odin app.
- Boot the Android device into download mode.
- Connect the Advance S device to computer using its USB cord.
- Repeat the step by step guide from the beginning.
If your smartphone gets stuck or is entering in a boot loop then you have to do:
- Firstly, force to reboot it into recovery mode, to do that you have to press on Power + Volume Up + Menu buttons simultaneously.
- In the recovery Mode selects “wipe data factory reset” and followed by “wipe cache partition”.
- After you wipe cache partition select “+++go back+++” and from the main Recovery Mode Menu select “reboot system now”.
That’s all you need to do in order to successfully update your Samsung Galaxy S Advance with the latest official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean DXAMD1 firmware.
For more questions regarding this manually procedure, please don’t hesitate to use our comment section.