Hey folks! There is good news for you all. Now update your Samsung Galaxy S2 to Official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XWL SJ OS. We have brought to you a step-by-step guide which will help you to install this Firmware.
The XWLSJ firmware update is the latest update that the Samsung officially launched for the Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 devices. This latest ROM update can be installed in your device by OTA or by using the KIES app for your S2 device.
If you didn’t receive the notification to install this update by OTA, and if you wish to have it, we can help you to install it manually and to do this we have brought for you this tutorial.
This latest Android 4.1.2 ROM. Jelly Bean OS is the most stable version that the Jelly Bean platform has for the moment. In this version, all the bugs and issues reported in the previous JB versions have been solved and in addition to it, come some new features.
Follow this instruction carefully. Neither skip any step nor mix up the order. This present tutorial doesn’t require having a rooted S2 device before starting the procedure. In case you have a rooted S2 smartphone and you want to apply this update, you need to know that the root access will be revoked after the installation of official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XWLSJ OS on your device. For re-root your device, you need to use a root method that is suitable with this new Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XWLSJ OS Firmware.
Pre-requisites and Guidelines:
- This tutorial and all the instructions listed here, are only for educational and instructional purpose, so use the same only at your own risk. Our team can’t be held responsible or liable for any change that may occur to your smartphone during the installation process.
- This tutorial and the instructions listed here are only for the Samsung Galaxy S2 model number GT I9100. Don’t use this tutorial for any other device.
- For the firmware installation, use the ODIN app. A custom Recovery image installed on your device is not required. In case you have a custom Recovery image installed on your device, it is recommended (optional) to perform a wipe before using ODIN for flashing this new JB 4.1.2 update. (To do that, boot your S2 into recovery image mode and from there select “wipe data factory reset” and then “wipe cache partition”).
- Back-up all your personal data before starting the update procedure. I recommend you to save your personal information like SMS, call logs, applications, EFS folder internet settings, images, videos, and other data that you consider you need.
- You need a Windows PC with internet access available on it, the original USB cable for S2 device, and your S2 device to implement this tutorial.
- Disable or deactivate the security applications that you’re running on your computer and on your smartphone. Programs like antivirus, firewall normally interfere with the flashing process.
- Verify your device’ battery and make sure the level is more than 70%.
- Enable the USB debugging option on your Samsung Galaxy S2 device. To do that you need to follow the next path: “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging and to activate this option.
Update Galaxy S2 GT I9100 to Official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XWLSJ OS- Guide
- Download Samsung KIES from here, and install the proper drivers for your Samsung Galaxy S2 device. If you already have installed the compatible drivers, you can skip this step.
- Download the ODIN app from here and install it on your PC
- Download the Official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XWLSJ OS update file from here and extract the same in your PC.
- Open ODIN application from your computer.
- Power off your S2 device and reboot the same into Download Mode. To do this reboot the device by pressing and keeping the Power and Volume buttons simultaneously.
- Connect your S2 device to the PC using the USB cable.
- In the ODIN app, you need to be notified with the ID:COM yellow or blue and the “added” message is displayed and available. That gives you the accord to begin the flashing process. If not, close ODIN, after that disconnect your S2 device from the computer and reinstall the drivers again in your PC. After you reinstall the drivers, repeat the procedure from the beginning.
- Now, from the ODIN app select the “PDA” option.
- Search and pick the downloaded update, which you downloaded and extracted previously.
- Now, in the ODIN app click on “Start” button.
- Now wait until the flashing process is done and you’re notified by a “pass” message in the ODIN app interface.
- Disconnect your S2 device by removing the USB cable.
- Reboot your Samsung S2 device.
Note: if your device gets a boot loop at the first reboot with the new updating ROM, you have to reboot it, and after that to enter in the Recovery Mode, you can do that by pressing on the Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously. Now, from the Recovery Mode select “wipe data factory reset” and followed by “wipe cache partition” option. After you performed a wipe cache partition, return to the Recovery Mode main menu and from there select “reboot system now”.
Note: If the ODIN app gets stuck, close the ODIN app and disconnect your device from the computer by removing the USB cord, and force a restart for your device. After you’ve restarted your device, reinstall its proper drivers on the PC and repeat the update guide from the beginning.
Congratulations! That’s all! The manual update is over now.
You can use our comment section at the bottom, if you need supplementary information to understand this procedure.