Update the Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 to XXLT4 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Firmware
Hey folks! Are you using Galaxy Note N7000? We have a good news for you all. Samsung has released Android 4.1.2 official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXLT4 Firmware. But don’t consider this new update as a significant change for your smartphone as it comes to solve some bugs existing in the old one.
This tutorial for all those who couldn’t receive yet this new update by OTA or couldn’t install by using KIES app. This new update is simply a bug fixer which has been reported from the previous Android JB available for Galaxy Note N7000.
With new Firmware, better options for the camera and probably faster performances for your device can be experienced. But that depends on how our readers of this manual guide respond after following this tutorial.
Understand this tutorial carefully and don’t skip any step otherwise you may not get the desired result.
Pre-requisites and Guidelines:
- You don’t’ need to root your device or to install a custom Recovery tool for installing this update.
- The warranty of your Note N7000 device will not get void by installing this update.
- If you have root rights on your device, after you apply this latest firmware, the root rights will be revoked, and the system will be relocked. If you’re running a custom ROM in your device, this is a good occasion to install an official version to the stock with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean OS. Another advantage for the users are: if they have a custom ROM inside their Note device, the warranty will be restored after they apply this new official Firmware.
- A manual procedure sometimes is risky, and that’s why we strongly recommend you to back-up all your data stored into the device’ internal memory. If some issues appear and you need to reinstall the update again, a wipe is required, and that will erase all your data from your device’ internal memory.
- When you’re starting to back-up your personal data, I recommend you to back-up the SMS, the call logs, EFS folder, sync your contacts with your Gmail account, copy your images, music, videos, documents files to the local or in the cloud and also back-up all data that you might need.
- You need a windows computer along with your device and an original USB cable.
- Your smartphone must have at least 65% power left in it. Otherwise it may experience sudden shut down during the flashing process.
- Uninstall or deactivate the security programs as Antivirus and Firewall from all devices being used in this process like the PC and the Android device, these kinds of applications can interfere with the installation process.
- Enable the USB debugging option on your Note N7000 device following the next path: “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging”.
- This tutorial and all the instructions listed here, are compatible and can be used only for the Samsung Galaxy Note model no N7000. Don’t try to install this latest update on any other similar device. This may damage it.
How to manually Update Galaxy Note N700 to latest Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXLT4 Firmware
- Download the update file from here and save it in your PC.
- Now, extract the zip archive that you downloaded above on your desktop PC.
- Download Samsung KIES and save it in your PC, after the download completes, install the Galaxy Note drivers.
- Download and install Odin app in your PC.
- Open Odin app on your PC.
- Now, reboot your device into download mode. To enter in the Download mode, you need to: press and keep holding the Volume Down+ Power and Menu buttons simultaneously.
- When your device is on Download Mode, connect your Android smartphone with the PC using the USB cable.
- Now, take a look on the ODIN app interface, there you should to see that ID: COM area is colored in Blue or yellow color and an “added” message are displayed. That means the connection is complete. And you can begin the updating procedure. If not, you need to close the ODIN app, disconnect the smartphone from the PC, reinstall the proper drivers again and repeat the procedure from the beginning.
- Now, from the ODIN interface, select the “PDA” option
- Search and pick the downloaded update file from the PC desktop.
- Verify and be sure that the Re-partition box is unchecked.
- When you‘re ready to begin the installation process click on “Start”.
- Now you have to wait while the update is fully flashed.
- When the process completes, the Odin will say “pass” message. That means the update has been totally installed on your N7000 device.
Note: Sometimes, some issues may appear while applying this tutorial. That’s why we want to give you a few indications for the usual problems that you can face:
If the ODIN app gets stuck or frozen, you have to:
- First of all close the ODIN app from your PC.
- Disconnect the Android device by removing the USB cable from the PC
- Restart your Samsung Note N7000
- Now, reinstall the proper drivers again on your computer.
- Reboot the devices into the Download Mode.
- Connect your device to the PC again, the Odin app must be running on your computer
- Redo all the steps again from the beginning.
If your device in the end of the update procedure, enter in a boot loop or something isn’t working well with the new firmware, then you have to:
- Reboot your device into the Recovery Mode. To do that you need to press and keep holding the Power, Volume UP and Menu buttons simultaneously.
- From the Recovery mode select the “wipe data factory reset “and there select “wipe cache partition”. On this step, you’ll lose your personal data that’s why you need to do a full back-up of your data.
- After you have performed the wipe, select “+++go back+++” and from the main menu select “reboot system now”.
- Now your smartphone will boot in the new Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXLT4 firmware.
Congratulations! You have successfully learnt how to update your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 with the official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXLT4 Firmware.
Please use our comment section below for all your other queries. We feel delighted to respond all feedbacks.