Now the latest updates are available for almost all the smartphone devices. If that’s the trend why Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 users should remain aloof from such benefits.
Today we present to you a step-by-step guide, where you will learn how to manually update your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 smartphones with the official Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XWLSN OS available for S2 device.
The Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XWLSN OS update is a minor update that comes to resolve the issues and the bugs presented on the previous Android 4.1.2 XWLSJ update. In addition to this, the latest update available for S2 smartphones comes with new features and new elements in the Android operating system Graphics interface.
This guide is for all the users who can’t update their S2 device through OTA or KIES because this latest update isn’t available yet for their countries. In order to complete the manual update for your Samsung Galaxy S2 device with the official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XWLSN OS, you need to follow this below presented step- by-step guide.
- For installing this specific official update for Galaxy S 2 device model no I9100 you need to use the ODIN software, which is a specific tool that helps you to flash the ROM in your device. This guide can be applied for S2 un-rooted smartphones, but if your smartphone is rooted after you apply this official update, the root rights will be revoked. When you flash an official update in a rooted device, at the end of the flashing process, the device’ warranty will be restored.
- The main features that the latest Jelly Bean 4.1.2 9 XWLSN OS brings are the free 50GB space available for the Dropbox Storage, a new lock screen, direct call, the new TouchWiz Nature UX feature smart stay, direct call, S Cloud services and more. This latest Jelly Bean 4.1.2 9 XWLSN update is more stable and brigs a significant Android experience for your S2 device.
- Pre-requisites and Guidelines:
- This tutorial and all the instructions listed here are compatible and can be used only for the Samsung Galaxy S2 model no I9100, don’t try to use them for any other device otherwise you may get your device damaged.
- Back-up all your data stored on the internal storage memory of your S2 device. Normally, when you use ODIN to flash firmware, the data should be remain safe. But in case something doesn’t work well, you need to have a back-up of all your data to have the possibility to restore the same if you lose any data.
- Like I said before, the S2 device doesn’t have to be a rooted device. This latest update can be flashed on rooted S2 device too.
- A windows computer will be used to flash the XWLSN firmware, also in the flashing process you’ll use the S2 device and its original USB cord.
- Deactivate or uninstall the security applications like antivirus and firewall from devices, PC and S2 device. These programs can interfere with the updating process.
- Enable the USB debugging option from the following path: “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging”.
- Verify your device’ battery charge level, there should to be more than 70% power left so that your device doesn’t stop in middle of the rooting process.
- Download and install the Samsung KIES app from HERE and install the proper S2 drivers on your computer.
- This tutorial and all instructions listed here are provided only for instructional and educational purposes, so we cannot be held responsible or liable in case you damage your device or lose any data.
- Read and understand clearly all the steps and their correct order.
How to Update Galaxy S2 I9100 to Official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XWLSN OS –
- Download the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XWLSN OS update file from here and extract the same on your PC.
- Download the Odin app and install it in your Computer.
- Open the ODIN application on your PC.
- Now, power off your device.
- Boot your S2 into the download mode, to do that you need to press on Power, Volume Down and Menu buttons simultaneously, and when the Download Mode menu is displayed, then release the buttons.
- Now, connect the SGS2 device to the PC using the original USB cable.
- When the connection between S2 and PC is established, the ODIN app should notify you: the ID: COM area is colored yellow or blue and the “added” message is shown in the display area. In case, this message isn’t displayed, you need to reinstall the drivers on your PC. After you have installed the drivers, repeat the procedure from the beginning.
- Now, from the ODIN app select the “PDA” button
- Browse the update file and pick it, from your PC.
- Important: Don’t change any ODIN settings; verify if the Re-partition box is checked.
- When you want to begin the updating process, click on “START” button on the Odin app.
- Wait until the update process is totally done, the ODIN will notify you with the “pass” message.
- Disconnect the SGS2 device from your PC, by removing the USB cord.
- Reboot the S2 smartphone.
- Wait until the first boot will be complete, this first boot will take more time than usual, it is normal.
Troubleshooting for the Issues in case something doesn’t work well:
If, at the end of the update process, your S2 smartphone enters in a boot loop, you need to follow the next procedure:
- Power off your S2 device, and boot it into the Recovery Mode. To do that you need to press and keep holding the Power, Volume Up and Menu buttons simultaneously, until the Recovery Mode is displayed.
- From the Recovery Mode menu, do a wipe. For doing that select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
- After you have made the wipe, go back to the main Recovery Mode menu by selecting the “+++go back+++” option and select “reboot system now”.
If the ODIN app gets stuck or freeze the updating process, you need to apply the next procedure:
- First of all, close the Odin app.
- Remove the USB cable from the computer.
- Using the KIES app, reinstall the proper drivers for Galaxy S2 device.
- Open the ODIN app again, and repeat the update procedure from the beginning.
Congratulation! Now you have successfully learnt how to manually update the Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 device with the official Android 4.12. Jelly Bean XWLSN OS.
For any other supplementary questions, please use our comment section below.