Samsung is planning to roll out new security update for it Note 5 devices in Asian Region and very soon users will get notification and update will be available through OTA. In case, you don’t want to wait then we are giving a manual process to upgrade your Note 5. Take a note that this guide should be used only when you are ready to restore the Galaxy Note 5 to 100% stock Android from a custom ROM. Just go through guidelines you need to follow before starting the flashing process:
- This process is applicable only for Note 5sold in Asian region only and not for the other devices.
- Download Samsung USB drivers and install it on your PC.
- You need ODIN app for the update process, and for it to work you need to install the above the usb drivers,
- You need to gain root access in your device but root access won’t survive the update process.
If you are not an advance user do not perform the process as this guide is jeant to be used by advanced users only. Otherwise, your device may be bricked and we can can not guarantee any loss of data
How to Flash Andorid 7.0 Nougat 2017 November Update for Galaxy Note 5 N9208:
- Download the Android 7 Nougat update firmware archive from here.
- Now extract the archived file and save it on your computer.
After extracting, you will be getting the N9208ZTS3CQK1 tar.md5 update files for each BL, AP, CP, and CSC Odin options.
- Now, Download Odin 3.12.3 zip from here. And extract its content.
- Power off the phone and boot the device in Download Mode.
- Launch the Odin tool on your computer.
- Connect you device to your computer and wait for for ODIN to to identify and add your phone. If it does not recognise, repeat the process and download USB drivers for Samsung,otherwise proceed to the next step.
- In ODIN you now have to load the update files.
Click BL and load the J510FNXXU2BQJD BL file.
Click AP and load the J510FNXXU2BQJD AP file.
Click CP and load the J510FNXXU2BQJD CP file.
Click CSC and load the HOME_CSC J510FNXXU2BQJD update file.
- Don’t load the “CSC”-only file, as this file will indicate ODIN to delete all data while “HOME_CSC” will safeguard your data.
- Initiate the update process by clicking START in ODIN.
- Don’t press any buttons until the update is done installing.
- When PAAS message reflected by ODIN then unplug your device.
- Now reboot you phone in normal mode.
- Wait until boot successfully completed.
Now you can start using your Smartphone after putting your login and gain control.