Samsung recently made available the Android Nougat 7.1.1 version for its Galaxy J5 2016 India Edition and this update will be available through notification. However, if you don’t wish to wait until the update is done installing on your phone you can do the same by following method. Before start downloading make sure to comply with following guidelines:
This guide is applicable only for Samsung Galaxy J5 2016 India models and the version of phone has to be the SM – J510FN. In case, your device does not fall in this, please do not follow these instructions. You need to download the Samsung USB drivers and install on your computer. You will need Odin tool for this process.
However, Odin is capable of installing the new update over a custom ROM, still after updating the system; you need to do Factory reset. It will clear system partition and allow phone to boot in normal mode. Do not need to worry as the Factory Reset won’t remove any data from internal storage. If your Galaxy J5 2016 India model runs on 100% stock firmware, you can skip the next steps and start the update since there is no risk of losing data.
If you are not an advance user do not perform the process as this guide is meant to be used by advanced users only. Otherwise, your device may be bricked and we can not guarantee any loss of data.
First download the update archive from here.
After update, extract the archived contents and save the data files on your PC.
There will be four files required for the update files.
Each file should have in its name one of the following: BL, AP, CP, and HOME_CSC. All the files are ‘tar.md5’ archives, and you shouldn’t extract them.
- Download Odin 3.12.3 zip from here and unzip the contents.
- Now switch off your phone.
- Now, boot it in Download Mode.
- Open Odin exe on the computer.
- Connect your phone to PC using the USB cable and wait for Odin to add the device
- You need to reinstall Samsung USB drive if device not detected by the system.
- In ODIN you now have to load the update files.
Click BL and load the J510FNXXU2BQJD BL file.
Click AP and load the J510FNXXU2BQJD AP file.
Click CP and load the J510FNXXU2BQJD CP file.
Click CSC and load the HOME_CSC J510FNXXU2BQJD update file.
- Don’t load the “CSC”-only file, as this file will indicate ODIN to delete all data while “HOME_CSC” will safeguard your data.
- Initiate the update process by clicking START in ODIN.
- Don’t press any buttons until the update is done installing.
- When PAAS message reflected by ODIN then unplug your device.
- Now reboot you phone in normal mode.
- Wait until boot successfully completed
Now you can start using your Smartphone after putting your login and gain control.