When you want to install a new custom ROM firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S3, the data loss risk is always possible. So we will share with you a lesson about the how to backup and restore the EFS from your SGS3 with the one-click method.
- If you don’t have a EFS backup, you should downgrade to the stock ROM or use an official update compatible with your S3 and released by Samsung.
- Exist many possibilities to learn about how to back up your EFS device folder, we will focus a simply methodwhich is based one click tool method
- Note: This method implies on a rooted S3 device. If you don’t have a rooted smartphone, you should root it and remove the factory restrictions.
- Before to make any change on your smartphone we always recommend making a full backup of all your critical data.
- Disable and deactivate the antivirus or other security software from your PC and your smartphone; these programs can restrict the backup operations.
- Enable USB debugging option on your Samsung Galaxy S3 device.
- Charge your device battery to don’t get turned off in the middle of the backup process.
- Read all instructions carefully and do not perform things by yourselves.
How to Backup and restore Galaxy S3 EFS Using One-Click Method- Tutorial
- Download the Samsung KIES on your PC and installing the drivers for the Samsung Galaxy S3.
- Download the EFS backup and restore program, it is an archive .rar file.
- Extract the archive on your PC.
- Verify in your Samsung Galaxy S3 if the USB debugging option is enabled. For that go to Settings -> Developer and here check if the USB debugging option is checked.
- Connect the S3 device on with the original USB cable to the PC.
- Open the folder where you extracted the downloaded file and run the “Backup_EFS” executable.
- Now, just follow the prompts.
- In the same folder, with the “Backup_EFS” the EFS will be saved in the .img format.
- For restore the EFS click on the “Restore_EFS” executable and follow the prompts.
That’s all, now you learnt how to backup and restore the Samsung Galaxy S3 EFS folder with one-click method.