ClockworkMod is the best alternative for TWRP touch-based Recovery mode. You will learn now to install CWM Recovery for AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
CWM Recovery mode helps you install/ flash custom ROMs and other zip files from your device and also enables Android users to complete and restore ROM backups for your android OS based devices.
- The device should be rooted one to continue with this process.
- You’ll need a PC with a Windows OS installed on it, Note 2 drivers.
- You can download these drivers from the link: Windows 32bit X86 USB drivers for Note 2 and for Windows 64bit X64 for Note 2.
Note: KIES shouldn’t be running when you’ll install the CWM in your device.
- Deactivate/Disable all security programs from booth devices, PC and smartphone, like antivirus or firewalls.
- Enable the USB Debugging option from your smartphone development settings menu.
- Verify the level of charging for your smartphone and make it sure it is fully charged.
- Use this guide and install the ClockworkMod Recovery image only if you’re an advanced Android user.
- All presents instructions works only and only with the AT&T version of Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
- Do not make any change on your device or try to flash the files presented here.
- We cannot be held responsible in case your Smartphone is bricked after installing CWM recovery image or in any other case that makes your phone unusable.
- Also, we cannot be blamed if you lose any data files. All what you do into your Smartphone is your responsibility.
- Apply these two next tutorials only and only for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2 device.
- This post is only for the educational purpose. So if, anything happens to your device the android.sc team is not responsible for that.
How to install CWM Recovery on AT&T Galaxy Note 2 – tutorial:
- First, you need to download ClockworkMod Recovery image. Save it on your PC (desktop).
- Download odin 3 3.40 archive. Now, unzip the ODIN content into specific folder on your PC (on your desktop).
- Check if you have 4 files after you unziped the Odin zip file.
- Power off your AT&T Galaxy Note 2 to boot it into Download Mode. For this, you must press ‘volume down’ + ‘home’ + ‘power’ buttons together, release this buttons when the Volume Up is required to be pressed.
- Open the ODIN folder on your Windows computer and double click on ODIN executable file to run.
- Connect your device to your computer using the original USB cable, and the ODIN software will say ‘ADDED!!’.
- The the connection between your PC and your device is established. Note: if the ODIN app doesn’t show the ‘ADDED!!’ message. You need to reinstall the USB drivers into PC for your device.
- Now into ODIN application window click on ‘PDA’. Find ‘CWM recovery img.tar’ file and load this file into Odin application.
- Don’t make any changes in ODIN default options because if you make changes you can brick your device. Verify if the ‘Re-partition’ box is checked.
- Now, press the ‘Start’ button in the ODIN app and it will begin to flash ClockworkMod Recovery image on your smartphone.
- After the installation is complete the smartphone wil restart and the ODIN software should display ‘Pass’. This message informs us the process was successful made.
The AT&T Note 2 smartphone now will boot into normal mode and that’s the entire installation guide.
To verify if it works, you power off your smartphone, press the next combination of the buttons ‘volume up’ + ‘home’ + ‘power’ at the same time and release all 3 buttons.
Note: If the Odin application has problems and doesn’t successfully finish the installation process, or says ‘FAIL’ instead of ‘PASS’ or frozen your device, you need to:
- Disconnect your device from computer.
- Close the ODIN application
- Remove the Smartphone battery.
- Wait 5 seconds and after reinsert the battery into device.
- Repeat the entire guide starting with step 4.
Now, you successfully learnt How to install CWM Recovery on AT&T Galaxy Note 2.