If you have a Google Nexus 10 tablet and you want to unlock its bootloader, read this article. You need to take the backup of all data in your smartphone.
This article will show you an easy method to unlock the Samsung Nexus 10 bootloader device and note that you will apply this tutorial at your own risk. When you will unlock your bootloader, the warranty of your Samsung Nexus 10 will get voided. If something works wrong and brick the device,you will be responsible yourself.
If you want to restore your warranty, you need to downgrade to the stock ROM, or to get and official update firmware released by Samsung and compatible with your Nexus 10 tablet.
After the bootloader unlocking process is over, you’ll be able to install and make other operations on your Google Nexus 10 device like root task. You will have full access on your device you will be available to install new custom ROM in the device internal system. After you unlock the bootloader, you’ll gain various advantages in the trend of customization, performance and optimization for the android JB installed on your device.
If something is not working correctly, or you don’t like the new modifications you will be able to restore your actual data and the current ROM.
- You need a PC with the Windows OS installed, and the original USB cable device for the connection between the PC and he device.
- Install the fastboot binary tool on your PC.
- On the computer and on your Nexux device, you need to uninstall the antivirus and the firewall protections, or other security tools which can restrict the installations process.
- Enable the USB debugging option on your Nexus 10 device.
- Verify the device battery, and charge full the battery, because if the device will get a power off in the unlocking time then you can corrupt the installation process or you can brick your device.
- Apply this tutorial and all the instructions only for Google Nexus 10 device do not try to apply these instructions for a similar devices.
How to Unlock the Nexus 10 Bootloader
Install fastboot on your PC and then extract the zip archive contents and then put these files in a folder on your desktop PC.
- Power Off your device.
- Then, power on by pressing and holding the next combination of buttons in the same time Volume up, volume down and power buttons until you receive on the screen one green robot and the “Start” message displayed. These means you are in the fastboot mode.
- Connect your tablet with your PC.
- Open a CMD windows on your PC. For this, you need to start menu on your computer, access the run icon or(the windows icon from keyboard plus the R key and then type CMD and hit “enter”.
- Now, navigate to the folder when you saved the fastboot app.
- In the CMD enter the next command: “fastboot devices”. The Nexus 10 device ID now will be displayed in the CMD window.
- Up next, on the CMD window and then enter the following command: “fastboot oem unlock”.
- Now, on the Nexus 10 device type on the “yes” option.
- The unlocking process will now start, and whet the device reboots you successfully done.
For the relocking, the bootloader of your Google Nexus 10, you need to follow the same steps, you need to type “fastboot oem lock” instead of the “fastboot oem unlock” command.
Disconnect the USB cable and you now successfully unlock/lock your Nexus 10 bootloader.
With the bootloader unlocked you can install the new custom ROMs available for this type of tablet, and you can use it at the maximum power customization.