An alternative based custom ROM is available for your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100. You can now update your smartphone with the Jelly Bean 4.1.1 based custom ROM firmware. The Thebyani custom ROM is applicable only on the root devices.
After you rooted your S2 GT I9100 device, you must obtain and install a custom recovery image. We usually recommend flashing CWM recovery.
- Take a backup of your phone.
- For your contacts, you can perform synchronization with your Gmail account.
- For your call logs, you can download call logs backup and restore app.
- For your information to make a backup for all critical files you can use a PC or an SD card (for images, movies, data files).
- Deactivate/disable all security programs protection from your PC and your smartphone.
- Enable the USB debugging option on your smartphone.
- Verify the status of charging for the device battery.
- Apply this tutorial only and only for the Samsung Galaxy S2 model number GT I9100, and not for another similar models, you can hurt them.
Update Galaxy S2 GT i9100 with Jelly Bean 4.1.1 based Thebyani Custom ROM Firmware
- Download Thebyani custom ROM Firmware Package on your computer.
- When the download is completed, connect your smartphone to the PC, using the original USB cable.
- Once the file is copied and placed on your device, remove the smartphone from PC
- From the recovery menu, select “install zip from sd card” and then “choose zip from sd card”.
- Choose the Thebyani custom ROM Firmware Package from your phone.
- Copy the downloaded file from PC and paste them on your handset, keep in mind where.
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy S2 device.
- Reboot the smartphone and enter in recovery mode.
- To enter on recovery mode, you must press and hold the volume up button + Home key button along with the power button.
- Once in Recovery Mode, you need navigate and choose the option “wipe data factory reset” and after that “wipe cache partition” (this is caused you need backup all your data first).
- Now, return to the first recovery menu with the next selections: select “+++go back+++”.
- Pick the update file from your phone.
- Wait several minutes while the update is being installed.
- In the end, select “+++go back+++” and “reboot system now”.
- Now you should wait several minutes while the latest firmware update is being installed.
- Final step is to take “+++go back+++” and after that “reboot system now”.
Now you know how to update the Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 with the Jelly Been based Thebyani Custom ROM firmware.