If you have rooted and installed the latest version of Clock Work Mod Recovery in your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100, you can benefit from Omega Custom ROM firmware, which now comes as the latest custom ROM firmware.
This firmware is not the official firmware released by SAMSUNG. As you know Omega has been one of the important and famous Custom ROM firmwares for other devices like Galaxy S2 and S III.
This firmware can only be applied on the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 which has been rooted before. If your device isn’t rooted, you can find a tutorial about How to Root Galaxy Note 2 N7100 from here.
When you apply this firmware, your entire data may be wiped out. So it is advisable to take the backup of your entire data. From below explained guide you can understand how to take the backup.
Note: For back-up, don’t use ROM manager. Instead create the back-up with KIES.
- Your personal text messages can be saved with the SMS Backup & Restore app.
- Your contacts can be sync with the Sync Contacts on Android with Gmail Account tutorial.
- For your internet configuration and MMS setting, you can back-up all these by following this patch: “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”.
- For Images files, songs or videos, personal files, you can copy to internal / External SD Card.
Keep your battery charge level at least 60%. Anything below this may shut down your device during the flashing process.
- Based on firmware XXALJ1 Android 4.1.1 (Date: 02/10/2012).
- Kernel Stock XXALJ1
- Modem XXALIH
- init.d support without the need of a kernel that supports init.d
- Wipe cache partition automatic before ROMs installation
- Wipe Dalvik Cache automatic during installation
- Wipe preload partition automatic before ROMs installation.
Be sure you are done with all the instructions mentioned bellow for passing to the next steps of this tutorial, like “how you can Update Galaxy Note 2 N7100 with Omega Custom ROM Firmware”
Disclaimer: This post is only for the educational purpose. So if, anything happens to your device we are not responsible for that.
Detailed guide about “Update Galaxy Note 2 N7100 with Omega Custom ROM Firmware”
- The first step is to Download from the next link the Omega Custom ROM Firmware Package and save it on your computer. I recommend saving it on your desktop for an easy way to apply the process. After the download completes, please connect your Galaxy Note 2 device to the PC with the original USB cable.
- Place the zip file in your Galaxy Note 2 device. After the file has been copied on your device, disconnect your Galaxy Note to turn off.
- Now press Volume Up button + the Home key button (the button located on the middle) simultaneously and with these two buttons pressed, now press the Power button, for putting your device in Power On mode.
- When your Galaxy Note 2 N7100 is on Recovery Mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition”. Please select “advanced” and clear the Dalvik cache too, if you are on the custom ROM firmware.
- For this step, please select “install zip from SD card” and “choose zip from SD card” and after that select the Omega Custom ROM Firmware Package from your device.
- Now wait around 4 -5 minutes for applying the update. After the firmware is applied successfully, your Galaxy Note 2 will automatically go to reboot. This reboot is possible to take a longer time for completing the rebooting process.
- Now check if your device is updated with the latest firmware. To see this, navigate to the next path that is Settings > About Phone, there you will see the firmware version mentioned as Omega Custom ROM Firmware.
Note: If your device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, reinsert the battery and repeat the above instructions from the beginning.
Well, with that your rooting process is complete. Your Galaxy Note 2 N7100 device should now have the Jelly Bean based Omega Custom ROM firmware.