Rooting smartphones is not a new trend. If you root Galaxy Note 2 N7100, it is quite possible that you will learn how to install the new custom ROMs that is about to come in future.
- This rooting process work only for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 international version, model number N7100. For checking the model number follow the next path: “Settings > About Phone”.
- After the device is rooted, you’ll lose the warranty of your device. To get back the warranty you need to re-apply the official firmware update, the firmware that you currently have.
It is very important to take the backup of all the personal data stored in device when you are going for a rooting process of your device.
The important ways to save your personal data:
- For saving your SMS, please use “SMS Backup & Restore app”.
- For saving your Contacts, please use “Sync with the Gmail application”.
- For saving your stored Call Log, please use Call Log and Restore.
- For saving your Images files, Songs and Videos files, and other important Files please Copy to internal / External SD Card.
- For APN and MMS Settings, you can note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
Keep the battery level at least 40% charged to complete this process. Otherwise your device may face sudden discharge in the middle of the rooting process. This may damage the device hardware or software.
We recommend to turn off your antivirus protection and your firewall suites present in your smartphone; these protections can interrupt the firmware update process.
Note: – This post is only for the educational purpose. So if, anything happens to your device we are not responsible for that. Follow carefully all the instructions mentioned in this tutorial. Make all the changes at your own risk.
How to Root Galaxy Note 2 N7100 Android Phone?
- First, download the Rooting Package for Galaxy Note 2 N7100 device.
- Download Odin from here to your PC, and run the Odin app.
- Extract the archives on your computer.
- Now turn off your smartphone to enter in Download Mode.
- Enter in Download Mode by pressing the Volume up button and Power button simultaneously while the phone is turned off.
Note: If your phone starts in the Normal Mode, you should retry the procedure to enter in Download Mode.
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with the original USB cables of your PC.
- Now the Odin app should see that: ID: COM section turns Yellow. That means all the drivers are installed successfully.
Note: If ID: COM section doesn’t turn Yellow, please check Install USB Drivers in your computer and follow the next path “Settings > Wireless & Network > USB Settings” and verify if the “Samsung KIES” option is checked before connecting the smartphone to the PC.
- Click on “PDA” button to select “cwm6-root-note2.tar.md5”, after you have selected the mentioned file, click “START” button.
The firmware update process has started now, when the rooting process successfully completes, the smartphone will restart automatically. In a normal condition, this restart should take longer time and you should wait.
When you see the Home screen, you can disconnect your smartphone.
The latest step is to verify if your device is rooted or not. To do this, please use the “Root Checker” app which you can download from the Google play Store.
Note: If your smartphone doesn’t boot up or refuse to appear the Home screen, you should press the power button for a longer time, to turn off your device and follow the tutorial from the beginning.
Congratulations, now you know How to Root your Galaxy Note 2 N7100 Android Phone.