If you haven’t rooted or installed a custom firmware on your Samsung Galaxy Ace, with this tutorial I will show you how you can update your Samsung Galaxy ACE with the Official DDKQ8 Gingerbread 2.3.6 firmware. The DDKQ8 update comes as a themed version of the Stock Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread.
This Update is not the latest Gingerbread built, but, with this update you’ll improve the older version for the stock Samsung Galaxy Ace. We don’t speak about a big improvement in performance, but this update is more a bug fixer and comes with some noticeable advantages.
The DDKQ8 update can be applied for your rooted smartphone. This official update for Samsung can be used, like a tool to revert to the unrooted stock version, in case you have to send your device to warranty. This new update comes with new enhancements, like improved battery life. RAM DUMP Mode error is solved, the home screen lag and the brightness bug have been solved and a good Stability fixes have been induced through this version
Note:– This post is only for the educational purpose. So if, anything happens to your device, we are not responsible for that.
Before beginning to apply the updating process we recommend you to take all the backup of your device. By following the below mentioned tasks you can backup all your data:
- Save your personal Text messages by installing SMS Backup & Restore.
- Sync your Phone Contacts via your Gmail/Google account or you can export the contacts to your micro SD card.
- Save your Call Log by installing the Call Log Backup and Restore application.
- Your phone should be minimum 60% charged otherwise the device may get discharged during the process. Discharge of the device means it may get damaged as well.
- Save your internet setup and MMS settings. You can back-up all these by settings from this path: “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB debugging on your phone following this path: Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging. The USB Debugging option should be ticked.
- Go to disable your antivirus protection and other security services (firewall), because these services can interfere with the installing update process.
The updating procedure for your Galaxy Ace is not a simple task, but if you respect and read carefully all instructions, we will not let your phone to be at risk.
How to Update the Samsung Galaxy ACE with the Official DDKQ8 Gingerbread 2.3.6 Firmware:
- Download DDKQ8 Gingerbread 2.3.6 Firmware Package on your PC. After that extract it on your desktop to have an easy access to it. Verify if you have four files in the archive. Please make sure, you have all four files before moving forward.
- Next step is to start the Odin program from the extracted files.
- Now power off your Samsung Galaxy Ace phone.
- Start your device into Download mode, for doing this press the Menu Key and then press Power On button simultaneously, after the device has been shut down completely. Verify you are on the Download Mode before moving to the next step.
- Connect your phone in Download Mode status with the original USB cable to the computer already running the Odin app and now wait for Odin to recognize the device. When Odin recognizes your phone, just look at the color of the ID: COM window, if the color is yellow you are ready to proceed. Now please be careful, because the following steps are a bit complex.
- Press the One Package option from the top left side of Odin app.
- Then click the OPS button in the right part of Odin and select the Cooper_v1.0.ops file.
- Click the One Package button in the bottom right and select S5830DDKQ8_S5830ODDKQ7_S5830DDKQ8_HOME.tar.md5 file.
Please verify the image below to be sure, if you have put the files on the right places:
- Now Press the Start button in Odin app and now you should wait a couple of minutes for the Odin program to do its process.
- After the Odin has finished its job, your Samsung Galaxy Ace should automatically restart. This reboot and boot may normally take a little longer time.
When, you see the home welcome screen, be sure the update has been successfully made and you can enjoy the Official DDKQ8 Gingerbread 2.3.6 Firmware on your Samsung Galaxy Ace device.