If you want to apply Clockwork Mod Touch Recovery 126.96.36.199 on your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300, in this article I will present a guide explaining “how to Update Galaxy S3 I9300 with Clockwork Mod Touch Recovery 188.8.131.52.”
To get this update, please note that this tutorial could only be applied on rooted Samsung Galaxy S3 device. When you install this recovery, you’ll be able to use custom ROMs firmware.
- The instructions in this guide are intended to use with Galaxy S3 GT I9300 smartphone International version.
- Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under every specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not be held responsible or liable if anything happens to you or your device because of this tutorial guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first, before actually performing any step as per the instructions.
- This custom recovery image is only for Galaxy S3 GT I9300 smartphone International version, and we will apply only for this model. If you apply on the network / boot loader locked devices.
We always advice to create a manual full backup for your precious data present in your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 smartphone; you can use the next instruction in the below mentioned points.
For SMS-you can use SMS backup and restore tutorial;
For contacts, you can use Sync with your Gmail tutorial;
For Call Logs, use Download Call Logs Backup & Restore App For Android;
For all Images, Video, Files, Songs- Copy to internal/ External SD card;
To save your APN and MMS Settings -“Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”, you can use this tutorial to save your internet settings.
- Check your phone battery and ensure that it shouldn’t be charged less than 40%.
- Go to access this path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, and there verify if you’ve enable the USB Debugging, if not enable it.
- Turn off all the antivirus protection and firewall tools, these can interrupt the proccess of firmware update.
- Check if your device is rooted or not. To do this download the “Root Checker” application from here.
Guide to Install Custom Recovery Image in Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300:
- Download the Latest Clockwork Mod Touch Recovery 184.108.40.206 Image.
- Download Odin from hereto your computer.
- Connect your phone on your computer with your original USB cable.
- Place this recovery file on your external SD Card, not in internal memory
- Now disconnect your phone from your computer and turn off the device, to enter in the Download Mode.
- To enter on Download mode, please hold the Volume Down button+ the Home Key button which it is in the middle. Note: If your phone starts in “Normal Mode” retry the process to enter in the Download Mode.
- Open Odin app, from your computer, and connect your device on “Download Mode”. Now check if the ID: COM section in Odin becomes Blue that indicates drivers have been successfully installed.
- Click on “PDA” to select “CF-Root-SGS3-v6.4.tar” file.
- Press “Start” after the file was selected to start the process of custom recovery installation.
Now you see a progress bar that will indicate you the status process of custom recovery installation.
The device will restart, and the home screen will be displayed on your device, now you can disconnect your phone to the computer.
Attention: If your Samsung Galaxy S III doesn’t turn ON (it happens in a rare case) or say gets stuck on the Samsung Galaxy Logo, you need to long press the power button to power off the device, or re insert the battery to start the process from the beginning.
Congratulation! you have successfully flashed on your Samsung Galaxy S3, the latest Clockwork Mod Touch Recovery 220.127.116.11 Image.