A new Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 OTA update is now available for Samsung Galaxy Grand by OTA. This new update comes to improve the performance of the battery power. This new firmware will improve your Android experience, and it will smoothly run on your Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082 device.
This update is available by OTA only for Indian users. You should apply a manual method if you want to install Android 4.1.2 JB XXAMF2 on your Galaxy Grand device.
This step by step guide listed here will work for both un-rooted and rooted device, but in case you have a rooted device after you’ve installed stock firmware the root access will be removed.
This step by step guide uses ODIN application for installing the new firmware OS, and you don’t have need to have a custom recovery image on your Android device.
- First, all the instructions and information listed on this article work with Samsung Galaxy Grand model number I9082 only and do not try to install this new firmware in any other similar or different device, you can easily brick them.
- Uninstall or disable all the security programs which are running on devices, PC and Android device.
- Charge the device’s battery more that 75% power level otherwise the device can get a forced power off in the middle of the flashing process.
- Backup all your data from the internal device’s memory, the Samsung Galaxy Grand data might get wipe or corrupted while installing the Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXAMF2 firmware with the help of ODIN app.
- Enable USB debugging option from the following the path: “Settings -> More -> Development Options -> USB debugging”
- All the instructions and information listed here are provided for educational and instructional purpose, so do not blame us in case you lose any data or your device.
How manually Update Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082 to Latest JB 4.1.2 XXAMF2 Firmware
- Download and install the suitable USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082 on your PC using the Samsung Kies application. In case you have been installed these drivers, then you can skip this step.
- Download the ODIN application from here, save it in your PC and after the download is done, install the same on your PC.
- After the ODIN application is done, then RUN the ODIN app on your PC.
- Now, download the Android Galaxy Grand I9082 update firmware file from here, save it in your PC.
- Extract the downloaded firmware file on the desktop folder from your PC.
- Next, power off the Grand Smartphone.
- Boot it into download mode. (Press and keep holding the Home, Volume Down and Power buttons at the same time until your device will enter on the Download Mode).
- While the device is on Download Mode, connect the device with the PC using its USB cord.
- Now, just look on the ODIN interface and make sure you’ll obtain a “added” message and also the ID:COM will be colored on yellow or blue color.
- Note: In case the Odin doesn’t show the added message, disconnect your device from the computer, close Odin, change the connect USB port and reinstall the suitable drivers once again on your PC.
- Now, you need to pick and load the firmware file for installing the same.
- Select “PDA” and browse and load the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean OS from your desktop folder where we’ve extracted the files for update.
- Next when you want to begin the installation process click on “start”.
- Important: do not perform any other supplementary settings on the ODIN
- Now, wait while the new firmware OS is being flashed.
- When the process is successfully completed, you’ll receive a notification on Odin which will say “pass” message.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the PC and take control over the device, the installation process has been successfully done.
If ODIN might get stuck, follow the steps below:
- Close the ODIN app
- Disconnect the USB cord from PC.
- Force to restart the Galaxy Grand device.
- Reinstall the drivers and repeat the entry above tutorial.
If your smartphone entering in a boot loop you have to do:
- Reboot your device into recovery mode (press and keep holding the Power, Volume Up and Home buttons in the same time)
- From the Recovery Mode menu select wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
- Return to the main Recovery Mode menu and from there select “reboot system now” to restart your device.
That’s all, now you have successfully learnt how to manually install the official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXAMF2 firmware on the Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082 device.