If you’re having Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo device, it is possible for you to receive the new Blueborne Security patch. To know more about this patch and the associated threat, keep reading the further information given in this post.
This security threat was discovered and now it has become certain that that threat can affect both computers and mobile devices. If you want to keep your smartphone safe against any malicious attack, then you need to flash the latest Android 7.0 firmware.
To fix this vulnerability, the first option is to wait for Samsung to push the new firmware update over-the-air in your region, or you can choose to manually install the new files using the Odin tool.
This update can also be flashed over a custom ROM, as you can use it to upgrade the phone to the latest possible 2017 firmware. Here’s what you need to know before starting the flashing process:
- This guide is primarily meant for individuals who have Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo G903F devices.
- Don’t try to flash the files on any other device.
- Download the Samsung USB drivers.
- To update, use the ODIN app, and for Odin to work with your device, you will have to enable USB Debugging from Developer Options.
- If you’ve rooted your Galaxy S6 Edge+, it is necessary to know that root access won’t endure the update.
- In addition, any custom Recovery that you might have flashed will be replaced with stock Recovery.
- It is possible to install the Android 7.0 update over custom ROMs, but you will need to Factory Reset the device.
- Read the entire tutorial and don’t skip any steps.
- Make sure to charge your battery with minimum should be atleast 50% to avoid turning off of the device.
How to install the Android 6.0.1 Blueborne Security Fix update for Galaxy S5 Neo G903F:
- Download the Android 6.0.1 firmware update file.
- When the download is finished, save all the files on your PC.
- Don’t retrieve the tar.md5 firmware update files.
- Download Odin 3.12 zip.
- Unzip the files on your PC.
- Turn off the phone.
- Now boot it in Download Mode.
- Launch the ODIN app on your computer.
- Connect the Galaxy S5 NEO to PC via usb cable.
- Wait for ODIN to detect the device, now move to the next step.
- if ODIN doesn’t find your phone, reinstall the Samsung USB drivers again.
- Next navigate to ODIN and load the files needed for the update.
- Click BL, go to the folder created at step 2 and load the file that contains the “BL” letters in its name.
- Click AP, and load the file with “AP” in its name.
- Click CSC and load the file with “HOME_CSC” in its name. Don’t load the “CSC” file, as that one will wipe clean the entire smartphone.
- Click CP and load the file with “CP” in the name.
- NOTE: if the extracted contents contain only a file with AP in its name, then that’s the only file you have to load in ODIN. So, load that file and the install should work.
- Hit START when you’re ready to begin the updating process.
- don’t press any buttons until the update is done flashing.
- When installation is done you will see the PASS alert shown by ODIN.
- Unplug the phone from PC and wait for the first boot to complete.
- Use your usual unlock code to regain control over your smartphone once again.