Android 7.0 Nougat Blueborne security patch is now available for all the Samsung Galaxy S6 Egde+ International devices. If you wish to learn how you can successfully flash the new firmware manually, continue reading the given post.
This security threat was founded a little back and now it has become confirmed that it has the potential to affect both computers and mobile devices. If you want to keep your smartphone safe against any malicious attack, then you need to flash the latest Android 7.0 firmware.
Blueborne permits hackers to connect and command your smartphone remotely. These people can easily get access to your phone without seeking your permission over a Bluetooth connection, as your phone will ready to pair with another device without any notification. Thus, if you want to fix this, it is necessary for you to complete the update to stay protected against any hacking shot.
This guide can also be used by individuals who have installed a custom ROM on their devices, as the firmware is a complete image of an Android 7.0 system. In order install the Android 7.0 over custom ROMs, you may need to factory reset the device.
Check the below guidelines before you begin the installation process:
- This guide is primarily meant for individuals who have Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ G928F devices.
- Don’t try to flash the files on any other device.
- Download the Samsung USB drivers.
- To update, use the ODIN app, and for Odin to work with your device, you will have to enable USB Debugging from Developer Options.
- If you’ve rooted your Galaxy S6 Edge+, it is necessary to know that root access won’t endure the update.
- In addition, any custom Recovery that you might have flashed will be replaced with stock Recovery.
- It is possible to install the Android 7.0 update over custom ROMs, but you will need to Factory Reset the device.
- Read the entire tutorial and don’t skip any steps.
- Make sure to charge your battery with minimum should be atleast 50% to avoid turning off of the device.
How to install Android 7.0 Nougat Blueborne Security Patch Update for Galaxy S6 Edge Plus G928F:
- Download the Android 7.0 G928FXXS3CQI4 firmware update archive.
- Once the download is finished, fetch the archived contents and save them on your PC.
- Now go and obtain the G928FXXS3CQI4 tar.md5 firmware update. Don’t skip any steps.
- Download Odin 3.12.3 zip from here.
- Retrieve the archived contents.
- Turn off the device.
- Start your smartphone in Download Mode.
- Run Odin exe on your computer.
- Connect your smartphone to PC via USB cable.
- Wait for the device to be found and then move to next.
- if the phone is not added you need to reinstall the Samsung usb drivers.
- Navigate to ODIN main screen and click the AP button.
- Locate and load the G928FXXS3CQI4 tar.md5 firmware file in ODIN.
- Open the file in ODIN.
- Tap START when the installation is done, and then wait for the update to be completed.
- When the install is done, you will see the PASS alert in ODIN.
- Disconnect the phone from PC and wait for the first boot of Android 7 to finish. Use your default login info in order to regain complete control over your device.
- That’s all.