Samsung has started releasing Nougat security patch for its S6 devices across Europe. If you wish to manually update your device, continue reading this post.
The latest September 2017 Android 7.0 update for Galaxy S6 includes the Blueborne vulnerability fix. Blueborne is a hazardous malware exposure and it is advised to patch it up as soon as possible.
The threat has been discovered recently and it makes its way through Bluetooth to gain access and take control of any Android device at any time. Malicious attackers can link to Android devices remotely by employing the open Bluetooth port of your phone if is left turned on your device. Even if you have the ‘discover mode’ set to OFF the Blueborne vulnerability can still be exploited.
This guide can also be flashed on devices running custom ROMs, but it is necessary to know that the system partition of your phone will be eliminated during the process.
Before starting the update process you should check the following guidelines:
Check the below guidelines before you begin the installation process:
- This guide is primarily meant for individuals who have Samsung Galaxy S6 G920F devices.
- Don’t try to flash the files on any other device.
- Download the Samsung USB drivers.
- To update, use the ODIN app, and for Odin to work with your device, you will have to enable USB Debugging from Developer Options.
- If you’ve rooted your Galaxy S6 G920F, it is necessary to know that root access won’t endure the update.
- In addition, any custom Recovery that you might have flashed will be replaced with stock Recovery.
- It is possible to install the Android 7.0 update over custom ROMs, but you will need to Factory Reset the device.
- Read the entire tutorial and don’t skip any steps.
- Make sure to charge your battery with minimum should be at least 50% to avoid turning off of the device.
How to install Android 7.0 Nougat Blueborne Security Patch Update for Galaxy S6 G920F:
- Download the Android 7.0 G920FXXU5EQI6 tar.md5 firmware archive.
- Once the download is finished, fetch the archived contents and save them on your PC.
- Now go and obtain the G920FXXU5EQI6 tar.md5 firmware update. Don’t skip any steps.
- Download Odin 3.12.3 zip from here.
- Retrieve the archived contents.
- Turn off the device.
- Start your smartphone in Download Mode.
- Run Odin exe on your computer.
- Connect your smartphone to PC via USB cable.
- Wait for the device to be found and then move to next.
- if the phone is not added you need to reinstall the Samsung USB drivers.
- Navigate to ODIN main screen and click the AP button.
- Locate and load the G920FXXU5EQI6 tar.md5 firmware file in ODIN.
- Open the file in ODIN.
- Tap START when the installation is done, and then wait for the update to be completed.
- When the install is done, you will see the PASS alert in ODIN.
- Disconnect the phone from PC and wait for the first boot of Android 7 to finish. Use your default login info in order to regain complete control over your device.
- That’s all.