Do you know that you can make free Wi-Fi calls from your Android device by using Google Hangouts? Yes, now there is no need to pay for domestic calls as this app would allow you call to Canada and the U.S for free. You just need is the Hangouts Dialer and you can make any call using Wi-Fi, 3G, or 4G.
If you wish to call overseas, you can do so but get ready to be charged at Google’s rates. However, you must know that Google’s international rates are comparatively cheaper than all conventional telecommunication service providers.
Let’s know how you can make free Wi-Fi calls using your Android-based Hangouts dialer.
How to find and download Hangouts Dialer in the Google Play Store for Android
- Open the Google Play Store on your Android device.
- Tap the search bar on the top of the app
- Enter the term “Hangouts Dialer” into the field
- Tap the search button on the bottom right of the screen. Basis the keyboard you’re using, it would appear like a magnifying glass.
- Choose the result by Google Inc.
- Choose Install.
- Choose Accept.
How to make free Wi-Fi calls using the Hangouts Dialer app for Android
- Open the Hangouts Dialer app from your home screen or from using the Hangouts app
- Choose the keypad button given at the bottom of the screen. It will appear like a grid of 9 dots with 10th
- Enter the Canadian or American phone number you wish to connect with.
- Tap the call button given at the bottom of the screen in green color.
- To end the call, tap the red hang up button at the bottom of the screen.
How to delete your call history in the Hangouts Dialer app for Android
- Open Google Hangouts from the app list.
- Tap the calls button if you’re not on that screen. You can easily find it as it appears as white telephone receiver on the top right of the screen.
- Choose Clear recent on the upper right of the screen.
- Choose Clear in the pop-up.