Good news in kitty! The brand new Android 5.0 Lollipop version is now offered for Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F; international variant devices in the United Kingdom. The installation is easy and hassle-free. Scroll down for the detailed process map but before that let’s focus on the pre-necessities.
- The PC should have necessary USB drivers in it for successful installation.
- One needs to move to Developer Options tab and activate the USB Debugging mode
- Users must also uninstall or provisionally inactivate the security programs like antivirus, antimalware and firewalls applications on the PC.
- If the device is working under a custom ROM, then one needs to erase all theinfostowedto device’s system dividerforfitting the new Android 5.0 Lollipop apprise.
- One can fix the new stock Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware replacing any older version
- If the Samsung Galaxy S5 device is operating under a stock firmware, then the flash process of this new update will not disturb the smartphone’s stowage. However the team will not be responsible for any data loss; so it is intelligent to take an all embracing backup.
- One must make sure that the phone battery is 75% or more for uninterrupted installation process
Installation and Upgrade Process
- The zip file of Android 5.0 Lollipop G900FXXU1BOA3 firmware should be saved in the PC. After the download; the files should be accordingly extracted.
- One should also download and copy the ODIN file and save it in the PC
- Switch off the device and boot it accordingly.
- Connect the Samsung device to the PC via USB chord
- Now open the ODIN file and tap on ‘AP’ Odin option.
- Look for the pulled out G900FXXU1BOA3 tar.md5 file and now stow in ODIN software.
- Ensure the re partition option is deactivated in ODIN
- Next step is to initiate the installation process of new Android 5.0 G900FXXU1BOA3 tar.md5 file on the Galaxy S5 by clicking the start button
- Once installed successfully; new automated rebooting will commence
- When completed; user must use the initial log in info to work with the device
Scope of Troubleshooting
If there is any interruption in the installation process and is paused mid-way; users must start the process all over again. One should try the Factory Reset option; if the device moves in the boot loop. To work with Factory Reset option, boot the device into Recovery Mode.