Android operating system is built on UNIX platform and it can be seen as a Linux distribution. As a root user you have absolute rights on it. You can access all files, you can freely modify parts of the OS or automatically install applications that make such modifications.
By default, you do not have native access to root on Android, even if there are many applications in Google Play that require it.
Although, the root process on your Android device allows you, in a way, to be the manager of your device, it is very important that you consider the risks to which you expose the terminal. Besides that the root can brick your device in certain circumstances and there are many manufacturers that no longer accept to warranty a product with root.
Today we will learn how to easily root Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 Wi-Fi SM-T580, thanks to the well-known developer Chainfire.
Gaining root access over your Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 device will unleash its true potential. With root enabled you will be able to remove the factory default restrictions of your device and the tweaking operations can be afterwards applied without any problems.
Root allows you to remove the bloatware, install a custom kernel, update the device with a custom ROM firmware like CyanogenMod, Paranoid Android or AOKP, flash apps from other sources than Google Play or overclock / undervolt CPU frequencies for bumping speeds or for upgrading the device’s battery life.
Following the tutorial from below you will learn how to flash the SuperSU root exploit on your Galaxy Tab A 101 WiFi by using a custom recovery image, so you will need to install TWRP recovery on the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 WiFi T580 in the first place.
Before starting, ensure that you met the following guidelines:
- Your device is a 2016 Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 WiFi SM-T580 model, do not use it on others models.
- You have a PC where to download the root exploit.
- On your tablet you have Developer Options enabled, if not, go to Settings – about phone and tap seven times on the Built Number and you will see the Developer Options by going back to the Settings main menu.
- From Developer Options menu, check the USB Debugging field and the OEM Unlocking box.
- Your device is fully charged, if not, it risks powering off during the rooting process.
How to Root Your Galaxy Tab A10.1 WiFi SM-T580 with SuperSU
- Download from here the SuperSU package and save it on your PC.
- Connect your tablet with your PC using an USB cable.
- Transfer the root exploit from the PC on your tablet and then remove the USB cable.
- Switch off your tablet but don’t reboot it.
- Reboot Recovery Mode on your tablet.
- Tap Install from recovery and load the root file.
- Load the SuperSU file and flash it. Follow the on screen prompts.
- Once done, go to the main menu of recovery and choose “reboot system now”.
If you are experiencing a boot loop, go to the Recovery Mode menu one more time, choose to make a hard reset and select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition” to clear app data cache.
Reboot and you have successfully rooted your WiFi SM-T580 Galaxy Tab A 10.1.
Disclaimer! By rooting your device you will lose the warranty. If something goes wrong in the rooting process, the Android.sc team is not assuming any responsibility, so please proceed with caution.