The latest official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OTA update is now available for J710 2016 edition of the Samsung Galaxy device. As the update will be rolled out in stages, not all 2016 Samsung Galaxy J710 users will receive it simultaneously. For those advanced users who are looking to update their smartphones manually, we are giving below a comprehensive guide to follow.
First check the below pre-requirements and guidelines before starting installing the update:
- Check the version of your smartphone under Settings -> About Phone menu and make sure that it’s a 2016 Samsung Galaxy J7 SM – J710F, this update is dedicated only to this model. Please don’t use it for other different Android devices.
- Download from here the Samsung USB drivers and install them on your PC. The USB drivers allow your device to be detected by the PC when connected.
- To install the latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow build, you will have to use the ODIN app and for it to work on your device after you have installed the USB drivers, you have to enable the USB Debugging from your device’s Developer Options menu.
- If Developer Options isn’t visible in Settings you need to go to Settings-> About Phone and tap seven times on the Build Number section.
- The new update can be flashed over rooted firmware but you have to be aware that the root access will be lost in the process and any Custom Recovery, you might have installed on your device is going to be replaced with a stock Recovery image.
- The Odin app can flash the Android 6.0.1 Update over a custom ROM, too, but after flashing the update over custom ROMs, you will need to ‘Factory Reset’ your device manually.
- Make sure the device’s battery level remains at minimum 50%.
- There is no responsibility of our team about any data loss caused to your phone during the process.
The process to manually install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Update for 2016 Samsung Galaxy J7 SM – J710F devices:
- Download Android 6.0.1 J710FXXU1API4 firmware archive from here.
- Unzip it and save it on your PC. You will get the J710FXXU1API4 Tar.MD5 file. Do not unzip the tar.md5 file.
- Download the Odin 3.10.7 app; unzip the same.
- Turn off the Samsung Galaxy J7 device.
- Now, boot in Download Mode.
- Run Odin.exe on your PC.
- Connect your Samsung device to PC via USB cable and wait for Odin to detect the device.
- Go to Option on Odin and disable the Re-partition option.
- Open Odin, click AP, then locate and run the Android 6.0.1 J710FXXU1API4 tar.md5 updating file.
- Tap the START button to begin Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow installation.
- After the update is done, the device will reboot in normal mode and the PASS alert will show up in Odin.
- Disconnect your device from the PC.
Please note that if Odin shows the FAIL alert, you will need to repeat the entire process more than once.
If you repeat the installation process, ensure that you don’t skip any steps, and that your Samsung device meets all requirements mentioned in this tutorial.