If you have a Galaxy Ace S5830, we will teach you how to install the CM7 powered Apocalypse Custom ROM in Samsung Galaxy Ace smartphone.
A custom ROM update comes with the new features which you don’t get in the default version installed on your smartphone. If you update your smartphone with the Apocalypse update you will enjoy more power from your device. More information about this new Operating System development you can get by visiting our source page clicking here.
This firmware is not an official OS firmware and that’s why you need first to get some pre-requisites:
In this first part of the updating guide, you need backing up all your critical data stored in your Samsung Galaxy Ace smartphone.
- You need to save your important data, call logs, SMS messages,you need to sync your contacts with the Gmail account, save your existing internet settings.
- Your Samsung Ace device should be rooted.
- If you want to restore your warranty, you need to downgrade to the stock ROM.
- After you rooted your device you must have installed a custom Recovery image (CWM Recovery for example). In other way you will not be able to update your device with CM7 based Apocalypse custom ROM.
- You need to have a PC with Windows OS installed on it a free USB port with read/write rights.
- You need to disable or deactivate all your security tools, antivirus, firewall, etc., from both on the PC and on your device. These tools may interfere with the updating process.
- Enable the USB debugging option from the following path: “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging”.
- Verify the level of the battery device to have more of 60% the status indicates power.
- Apply this tutorial only and only for the Samsung Galaxy Ace model number S5830.
Warning:This post is only for the educational purpose. So if, anything happens to your device the android.sc team is not responsible for that.
Guide to Update Galaxy Ace with ICS Styled and CM7 based Apocalypse Custom ROM Firmware:
- First, download the update archive by clicking here, and save the file on your PC.
- Connect the smartphone device with the PC with the help of the original USB cable.
- Copy and Paste the downloaded file to your smartphone SD card.
- After the file is copied, disconnect your phone from the PC.
- Enter into recovery menu, for that first shutdown your device, reboot the smartphone by pressing and keep holding the Menu button and while pressing the Power button one.
- Now, the recovery menu should be displayed.
- There, select “wipe data factory reset” & “wipe cache partition”.
- Now return to the first menu taping on “+++go back+++”.
- Select “install zip from sd card” &“choose zip from sd card”. Select the copied file from your smartphone’s SD device and flash this file.
- Now wait, don’t make any changes, the installation process can take a couple of minutes.
- After the installation is complete, select “+++go back+++” and select “reboot system now”.
That’s all; now, you learnt how to update the CM7 based Apocalypse Custom ROM Firmware in your Samsung Galaxy Ace model number S5830.
Let us know if you have any issues to follow this tutorial, share with us using our bellow comments section.