If you want to root your HTC One Plus smartphone, we will teach you how you can root and unlock the boot loader for the HTC One Plus. The rooting process has just been made accessible by those of xda-developers, and full credits to XDA contributor shubhamchamaria for this great work.
You should start this tutorial to root and unlock the boot loader for HTC One Plus by taking the backup of all of the important data.
if your call logs are gone, save the internet settings, APN and MMS custom settings you can note down from the follow path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”.
- Other critical files like: Images, Video files, Songs, personal files- Copy to internal /External SD Card.
- Verify the battery charge level which should be more than 55% plus.
- Enable USB debugging from the Settings on your HTC smartphone menu.
- Minimum battery charge should be 50% plus so as to make sure that the One X Plus doesn’t get turned off in the middle of firmware update.
- Also, enable the USB debugging from the Settings.
- Apply these tutorials only and only for the HTC One Plus smartphone.
- This post is only for the educational purpose. So if, anything happens to your device the android.sc team is not responsible for that.
How to Unlock Boot loader of HTC One X Plus:
- Go to the following address: http://www.htcdev.com/” and create one account for you on HTCDEV. this activity will help you to download the fastboot files in your PC after you complete the downloading, create a new folder named fastboot in your HTC smartphone.
- Now go to the following web address http://www.htcdev.com/bootloader/ and there select “All Other Supported Models” and “then begin unlock boot loader” and check both options to proceed.
- Power Off your device, you must press and hold the power button down around 7 seconds, you will see a flash for keys several times and your device gets the power off.
- Now, press and hold the Volume down button and your device is going to boot into the HBOOT mode.
- Choose the Fast boot.
- In the fast boot mode, go and connect your smartphone into your Computer with a Windows OS installed on it.
- Now, on your PC open a CMD prompt and enter the following commands.
fastboot oem get_identifier_token
- Now, go to HTC Dev website and copy the code and after that paste this code at the HTC page into the bottom of the page and submits the same.
- After you submitted the code, in a short period of time you will receive an email with a link inside of body of email with the download “Unlock_code.bin”.
- Now, go in CMD window and enter the following commands:
fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
- In this step, the screen will be changed and after that press the Vol + button to accept and the power button for confirmation.
The next part of this tutorial we will teach you how to root your HTC One PLUS phone.
How to Root HTC One X PLUS:
- Firstly enable the USB Debugging Option from the next path into your smartphone menu “Settings > Development Options”.
- Connect your HTC One Plus device to the PC (for that use the original USB cable).
- Download the RootBoot.zip archive extract the zip file and run the “Rootboot.bat” file in your PC.
- Press Enter (after the RootBoot program is opened) and the rooting process will begin.
- When the rooting process is completed successfully. This thing will be mentioned on the screen.
- Disconnect your device and after that go and download the Superuser software from Play Store and update the binaries,
- To verify if your device is rooted or not, you should to download the Root Checker program from Google Play Store.Check your smartphone with this app.
- If your device isn’t rooted, you have to redo all the above guide.
If your device have problems when boot up or is into the boot loop, you need to redo all the above steps.
That’s it, now you learnt how to unlock the HTC One X PLUS bootloader and how to root this smartphone.
Use our comments section if you don’t know something or you want to share with us your issues with these two guides.