Latest custom ROM firmware based on the tablet UI can be now installed on the Samsung Galaxy S GT I900 smartphone. This is a very popular firmware for Samsung Galaxy S2 and Samsung Galaxy S3 devices. We will teach you how you can update with this firmware your Samsung Galaxy S GT I900 smartphone.
Follow the pre-requisites:
- First, apply this custom ROM, you should start the first point by rooting your Samsung Galaxy S GT I900 device.
- To verify if your device is rooted, download the “Root Checker” application. Samsung Galaxy S can be on any rooted firmware.
- This new firmware is a custom ROM and rooting your device the warranty will be void.
- To restore your lost warranty all you need to do is a downgrade to the stock ROM.
- The next step is to create a full backup of all data stored on your device.
- Make sure that you have not created the backup for your data with the KIES because it won’t detect your Samsung Galaxy S device in the custom ROM update.
- Now disable/deactivate your security applications from your PC and your device like antivirus and firewall.
- Check and make sure battery level is higher than 60%, or else you risk your device might get Turned Off in the middle of the updating process.
- Now follow the path “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging” and enable USB debugging option.
- This tutorial is compatible and can be applied only for Samsung Galaxy S model number I9000.
Important: This tutorial is compatible and can be applied only for Samsung Galaxy S model number I9000 device .
Warning: This post is only for the educational purpose. So if anything happens to your device the android.sc team is not responsible for that.
How to update Galaxy S GT I9000 with Paranoid custom ROM Firmware – tutorial
First Download the Paranoid Custom ROM Firmware Package from the link and save it to your PC.
- When the download is done, connect your Samsung Galaxy S device to the PC with the help of USB cable.
- Copy-Paste the Paranoid Custom ROM package in your smartphone’s SD card.
- Disconnect your Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 from the PC and turn off your smartphone.
- Now reboot your device in CWM recovery mode, for this press and keep holding the Volume Up button + Home key button (located in the middle), while pressing the Power one button to turn ON your smartphone.
- In the CWM recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” and then “Wipe Cache partition”.
- Now, return to the main menu (“+++go back+++”).
- Up next, and now the same recovery menu select “install zip from SD card” and “choose zip from SD card”.
- Chose the Paranoid Custom ROM Firmware Package which you copied in your device’s SD card and flash the file.
- In the final step when the firmware is flashed, select “+++go back+++” and after that choice “reboot system now” for rebooting your smartphone.
Note: The first rebooting for your device after the firmware installation may take longer time.
To make verification, if the firmware has been updated successfully, follow the following path: “Settings > About Phone” and you will see the “Paranoid Custom ROM Firmware” based Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware.
That’s all; now you know how to update the Samsung Galaxy S I900 with the Paranoid Jelly Bean 4.1 custom ROM firmware.
Please, use our comment area to share with us if you found the bugs or things aren’t working perfectly in this new custom ROM.