Let’s understand “how to install Cyanogen Mod 10 Alpha 1 on the Motorola Droid X2”. This update isn’t an official ICS or Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware OS for Motorola Droid X2. You all probably know that the custom ROM is a great alternative of the stock one.
This present custom ROM was developed by XDA Developer member named “dragonzkiller” and I want to thank him for this great work.
Before beginning the step- by- step procedure, we need to download the Root Checker, and once the app is completely downloaded, with this tool, you can verify if the device is rooted or not. In case your Motorola is not rooted, please proceed to the next sections in order to root it and install the Custom Recovery image on Motorola DROID x2 device.
Before you start doing this it is recommended to take full backup of your entire data. You can take the backup by following the below mentioned guidelines:
- In order to save your SMS, please download SMS Backup & Restore app.
- To save your Contacts, please sync with the Gmail account.
- To save your Call Logs use Call Log and Restore
- Save your important data stored on your device, (Images, Songs, Video files, or other files), Copy to internal/ External SD Card.
- Ensure that your Internet connection, APN and MMS Settings are completely saved by using the next path:
“Applications – Settings and then Wireless and Network – Mobile Networks and Access Point Names”
- Now, charge the device battery around 50 % otherwise it may get discharged during the process. That may damage the device as well.
- Ensure that the USB Debugging is enabled from the next path: “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
According to the developer’s changelog, the new update comes with Pop-up Text Message Notification, Homescreen/Drawer Customization, Themes, Profiles, Hard Button Key Remapping, Google Now, Smarter Keyboard, Notifications Overhaul, Lockscreen Customization, Status Bar/Pulldown Customization and more.
- Google Now
- Audio System
Note: Internal SD is now /storage/sdcard0 and External SD is now /storage/sdcard1
Important: This below tutorial is compatible only with the Motorola DROID x2.
Disclaimer: This post is only for the educational purpose. So if, anything happens to your device, we are not responsible for that.
Make sure you’ve followed all the steps mentioned above.
How to Update Motorola Droid X2 with Cyanogen Mod 10 Firmware:
Update Motorola Droid X2 with Cyanogen Mod 10 Alpha 1-Tutorials:
- First of all, download the Cyanogen Mod 10 Alpha 1 Firmware Package to your PC.
- Then, download Google Apps Package to your Computer.
- Now, connect your Motorola to the PC you by using the original USB cable.
- Copy these two downloaded zip files in your Motorola Droid X2 device.
- Disconnect the device from PC, and turn it off.
- Enter in Recovery Mode via boot loader Mode (For boot loader mode, press Volume Down, the Camera & the Power buttons simultaneously.).
Note: If the device refused to enter in normal mode, you need to try again to enter into Recovery Mode.
- From the boot loader mode, you should select “Recovery”, and then select “Wipe data / Factory Reset”, then “Wipe cache partition”. This step is required for cleaning all the cache files presented in your device.
- Now, from the recovery modem select “install zip from SD card” > “choose zip from SD card” and chose the Cyanogen Mod 10 Alpha 1 Firmware Package.
- Repeat the above step for the Google Apps Package.
For applying this update, you need around 4 minutes; don’t interrupt the firmware update process, by pressing the power button, menu button or other buttons.
If your device refuses to turn ON or says gets stuck on the Motorola Logo, you should press the power button to turn off the device and take out the battery to re-insert it and start the firmware process from the beginning.