We are going to teach you an easy way to update the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 N5110 with leaked firmware based on the stock Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update. This firmware isn’t official firmware released by Samsung and it has been developed for the testing purpose only.
The official version of Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware for Note 8.0 WiFi device will be available on the end of August, till this date you can learn how to install the leaked Jelly Bean 4.2.2 on the Galaxy 8.0 Wi-Fi variant.
- Don’t apply this process for any other device because you can brick your device.
- In case the device is a rooted tablet or is running any other custom rom, you’ll lose all the data stored on your device.
- Backup all your data stored intro device’s internal Memory before starting the flashing process.
- This leaked Jelly Bean 4.2.2 named XXCMG2 will restore your warranty for your device.
- Download and install the suitable drivers for Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 N5110 and install the same on your PC, these drivers will make possible to connect the Android device with your PC.
- Disable or deactivate all the security tools such as Antivirus and Firewall from both PC and tablet device.
- Disable the Samsung Lies app before starting the installation process.
- Use this guide only if you’ve enough experience with the flashing process and you’re an advanced Android user.
- This is only for instructional and educational purposing and uses this process at your risk.
- Do not skip any steps from this tutorial and make sure you understood well all instructions.
- Make sure the tablet has more than 80 % power left in its battery.
Install leaked Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Update for Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 N5110 (Wi-Fi Model)
- First, download the leaked Android 4.2.2 N5110XXCMG2 zip pack file from HERE and save it in your PC.
- Second, extract its contents on the Desktop folder on your PC.
- Thirdly, download Odin3 v3.07 flashing tool and extract its content.
- Turn off the Galaxy Note 8.0 N5110 device.
- Now, boot the device it into Download Mode, (press and keep holding the next combination of buttons: Home + Power + Volume Down buttons in the same time.
- Open Odin exe file such as Administrator on your computer.
- Next, connect the tablet to your computer using its USB cord.
- Now, wait until the ODIN app will display the ‘Added!!’ message. After the Added message is displayed, you can move to the next step.
- From Odin app click the ‘CODE’ button, browse your computer and load the CODE_N5110XXCMG2_1031850_REV01_user_low_ship.tar.
- Now, from ODIN app click CSC button, browse the PC select the CSC_OXA_N5110OXACMG2_1031850_REV01_user_mid_noship.tar and load it into Odin.
- Now, click PIT button from ODIN, browse and load the kona_wifi.pit file.
- Important: Make sure that into ODIN, the Re-Partition option is enabled.
- Now, if all the above steps are successfully done, press the START button from ODIN to start the flashing process.
- Wait until the installation is complete and the ODIN app will display ‘PASS’, and the Galaxy Note 8.0 N5110 device will reboot for the first time with the new update into normal mode.
- Now, remove the USB cord from PC.
You are done with the process.
In case you have any issues with this leaked firmware then you need to:
- Turn off the device.
- Boot it into Recovery Mode
- From Recovery Mode Menu apply a ‘Wipe / Factory Reset’ task. (This will erase all the data stored on your device, but you’ll be able to boot the device with new firmware.
For other supplementary questions, please use our comments field below.