The latest Simplistic custom ROM firmware is available for your S2 GT I9100. This update comes with Note’s 2 Gallery and with Jelly Bean 4.1 platform.
You must know this type of firmware is not an official OS update which Samsung provide for your S2 smartphone. If you want to install the Simplistic ROM firmware in your S2 device.
A friendly user interface is able in this Jelly Bean based Simplistic ROM firmware. We will share with you a image with a resume of this new options and if you want to learn more about these improvements.
This firmware is a great work developed by those of xda-developers and with this article we want to thank for this tutorial, check the page source.
Samsung Galaxy S2 Jelly Bean Simplistic custom ROM features :
You must root your smartphone.
Another important thing is the warranty will get void when you apply this tutorial.
After you rooted your device it is necessary to install in your device a custom recovery image for your Samsung Galaxy S2 smartphone.
You must make a full backup and to make a backup for all your important data, like SMS, Contacts, call logs, internet settings, EFS folder, and all personal piece of information that you consider are important for you.
- The first thing is to make sure if your device is rooted
- Install a CWM recovery tool and backup all the data of your Galaxy S2 smartphone.
- You’ll need a PC for the update process, this PC need to have a Windows OS installed on it.
- You’ll need the original S2 USB cable for the connection between the PC and the device.
- Uninstall the antivirus and the firewall protection on both devices, which is necessary to don’t interrupt the updating process.
- Verify if the device battery have more than 60% power status, in case your device will get a power off in the middle of the updating process you can brick your smartphone.
- Enable USB debugging from the next path: “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging”
- This tutorial and all the instructions are compatible and must be applied only and only for Samsung Galaxy S2 model number GT I9100 and not for other similar devices.
- This post is only for the educational purpose. So if, anything happens to your device the android.sc team is not responsible for that.
How to Update Samsung Galaxy S2 with Simplistic Jelly Bean 4.1 Custom ROM Firmware – tutorial:
- Download the custom ROM file from the next link, and save this file to the PC.
- Copy and Paste the downloaded file to your smartphone’s SD card.
- Now disconnect safely the USB cable from the computer.
- Turn off the Samsung S2 device and then reboot in the recovery mode for the flashing process.
- To enter in the recovery you need to do the next combination of buttons: press in the same time and keep hold the (Volume Up+ the Home key+ the Power) buttons until the recovery menu is displayed.
- Now in the recovery menu select “wipe data factory reset” and then “wipe cache partition”( this step is very important, make a full back up before proceed this step).
- Now, back to the main menu with the following combination: “+++go back+++”.
- There in the main menu, select “install zip from SD card” and “choose zip from SD card”.
- Chose the ROM file from the place ,where it was copied in the SD card and then flash the same.
- Now, Wait the finalizing of the process, this will take a couple of time.
- Now, when the process is done, select “+++go back+++” and then “reboot system now”.
Congratulations, now you successfully learnt how to How to Update Galaxy S2 with Simplistic Jelly Bean 4.1 Custom ROM.