The best custom ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 3 is here and now with the help of this tutorial you will learn how to install CM10 and AOKP based on the Thunderbolt Jelly Bean 4.2 software on your smartphone. This great work has been shared with us by xda-developers, so we want to thank them.
This custom ROM for your Galaxy S3 device will be powered by the CM10 and AOKP based Thunderbolt OS firmware. If you want to install this custom ROM in your S3 device, you need to apply the following pre-requisites:
First, you must take the backup of the the Samsung Galaxy S3 as in the process of flashing, you’ll erase all the data stored in your internal storage memory device.
- Backup all your important data.
- Your Samsung S3 must be rooted for this custom ROM.
- After you have rooted your device your warranty will get void. Your warranty can be restored only if you update your device with an official firmware update released by Samsung.
- Install a custom recovery image for your Samsung Galaxy S3.
- For the updating process, you’ll need a PC and the original USB cable.
- Uninstall or deactivate the level security protection on devices, smartphone and computer.
- Verify the battery level for your device.
- Enable the USB debugging option from your handset
Apply these instructions only for the Samsung Galaxy S3 model number GT I9300 and not for other models similar with this.
This post is only for the educational purpose. So if, anything happens to your device the android.sc team is not responsible for that.
Update Galaxy S3 with CM10 and AOKP based Jelly Bean 4.2 Thunderbolt Custom ROM Firmware
- Download the update file from here, and save this file in your computer.
- Connect your smartphone with your computer with the help of original USB cable.
- Copy and Paste the downloaded file to the smartphone’s SD card.
- Disconnect your Samsung S3 device from the PC.
- Turn Off your S3 smartphone and then reboot the device in recovery mode. For entering in the recovery mode, press and keep holding in the same time the next combination of buttons: Volume Up button + the Home key + the Power button.
- In the recovery mode menu selects “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
- Now, select “+++go back+++” and with this you’ll return to the main menu.
- Select “install zip from sd card” and then “choose zip from sd card”.
- Now, chose the copied archive and apply the ROM. (Just select the downloaded file and after start the installing process).
- Now you must wait, because this installation procedure will take a couple of time (minutes), don’t press anything, just wait.
- Now, when the installation procedure is done, from the recovery menu select“+++go back+++” and after that choice “reboot system now”.
Congratulations, you’ve successfully learnt how to update the Samsung Galaxy S3 to Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean by installing the CM10 and AOKP based on Thunderbolt custom ROM firmware.