The Samsung Galaxy Tab GT-P1000 is equipped with a 1 GHz Cortex A8 Hummingbird CPU, and 7? 16M-color TFT LCD capacitive touchscreen of WSVGA (600 x 1024) pixel resolution. It is not a place XL, but the Tab makes the S in Galaxy S meaningful.
The update for your operating system on your tablet can be made it official or with the custom ROMs.
The upgrading makes your device work faster on operating system. For this only we want a custom ROMs for our devices but without a custom recovery installed in our tablet, getting custom ROMs is not feasible.
ClockworkMod Recovery is a powerful possibility to make this thing. Via Technomancer’s kernel can be installed in an easy way to flash custom recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Tab.
Note: Your tablet must be running on stock Android 2.3 Gingerbread only then you try this process.
- This guide will be applied only if your device is Samsung Galaxy Tab, model number GT-P1000. If you apply this guide on another model, you can produce undesired results.
- Use all information from this guide for instructional and educational purpose only.
- There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your particular and unique circumstances.
- Use all this instruction only at your own risk. We can’t be held responsible or liable for whatever happens to your device while applying this guide.
- Read all instructions first and understand the information from this guide before performing it.
This guide shows you:
How to flash ClockworkMod Recovery for the Galaxy Tab P1000.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab GT-P1000 device should be running on stock Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- A personal PC with Windows Operating System
- Your original USB cable for your tablet
- A software/program that can extract TAR archive files (7-Zip, WinRAR)
On your computer, download the following files:
Technomancer’s Kernel with ClockworkMod Recovery 5 (cwm-5-p1.tar, 5 MB, md5sum: e67e61a27741069e43bf9f790bf35b10)
Heimdall Suite 1.3.2 (heimdall-suite-1.3.2-win32-.zip, 9.6 MB)
Heimdall Suite requires Microsoft C++ Redistributable installed on your computer and it should be in running condition.
The tablet’s battery must be charged up to 80% so that you don’t face interruptions during the process.
First of all, backup all data like messages, contacts, Market apps and so on,
For performing a full backup you can follow our previous guides:
Sync contacts with Gmail account.
- Extract the archive Heimdall Suite 1.3.2 in the folder named Heimdall Suite. (drivers and the Heimdall Suite application)
- Now connect your original USB cable to the PC. (don’t connect yet the tablet device)
- Switch off your tablet.
- For this step reboot the tablet into Download Mode. For this operation press the power button and volume Down button simultaneously as you connect the other end of the USB cable to your tablet.
- Go on your Windows PC and double-click the zadig.exe File located on the Heimdall Suite folder. This Application allows you to install the USB drivers in an easy way. Drivers needed for Heimdall to establish a connection with your tablet device.
- Now go to select Option and choose from the menu: List All Devices.
- Now you will see a drop down list, and in this drop down list select either Samsung USB Composite Device or Gadget Serial, and now choose Install Driver. Heimdall can now use your computer safely.
- Note: If a prompt message appears with the text “that the installer is unable to verify the publisher of the driver”, select “Install this driver anyway.”
- After the driver installation is done, unplug your tablet device from the USB cable.
- Power off your tablet device.
- Reboot the device into Download Mode as you did in step 4 described above.
- Now go to Untar Technomancer’s Kernel. To obtain zImage file. Copy this zImage file into the Heimdall Suite folder. The zImage file should be inside the same location/folder with heimdall.exe File.
- For this step you should open a command prompt on your PC. Now you should change directory to where heimdall.exe it is.
- In command prompt enter the following line command:
heimdall flash –kernel zImage
This command instructs Heimdall to flash your tablet. A blue transfer bar will appear on the tablet showing the kernel being transferred.
The Tablet device will reboot automatically.
Finally, the Samsung Galaxy Tab device has the ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
Let us know if the custom recovery working well for you, please use the comment section. We feel pleased to hear from all of you.