Sync Contacts on Android with Gmail Account
If you love to customize your Android device then you should know it is very easily to sync your contacts stored on your device with the device’s designated Gmail account.
This method will help you to keep your contacts from the phone, or Google plus contacts synchronized with your Gmail account, you can easy perform all new changes and after that to sync with your Gmail account in several steps.
Syncing all your contacts stored in your Android device with Gmail accounts is important if you want to root your device, or to update with new firmware your phone.
When you’ll root or updating your phone, you’re risking always to lose data stored on your device, this data can be SMS text messages, MMS, and your contacts. This thing makes us search a solution to prevent this type of data corruption, for helps the Android Users to don’t corrupt them contacts I will present how sync the Android contacts with the Gmail account successfully.
Before guide, you should verify if your contacts are linked with your Gmail account.
- First Open Contacts.
- Now press the Menu>Settings button
- Select the ‘Merge with Google’ after that confirms the action. If you have more than one Gmail accounts you should select the one account which you want to be the default account to host your contacts.
- A pop-up notify message will appear if everything has been successfully merged.
How to sync your contacts with Gmail account guide:
- First verify if you have a Gmail installed on your Android device.
- Open the App Drawer>Settings>Accounts and Sync
- Enable the Accounts and syncing service.
- Now should select your Gmail account from the e-mail accounts setup.
- Verify and make sure that you have enabled ‘Sync Contacts’ Option.
- Press ‘Sync now’ button and now wait until all your contacts stored on your device have been successfully synchronized with your Gmail account.
- Open Gmail account on a web browser in an external PC and click the Gmail text link that is listed on the upper left side of your Gmail profile.
- Now should select Contacts and then see a page with all the contacts from your Android smartphone have been stored.
That’s all should do it to sync your Android contacts with your account. If you have supplementary extra questions fell free to ask in our comment section.
If you have rooted your device and select factory reset, or you’ve change the custom ROMs, then you’ll need to sync your Gmail account again with your device, and all the phone number and contacts will be restored in your phone; otherwise all your contacts will be remove.