The rollout of the official Android 8.0 OREO System Image builds for the Google Pixel devices has already started. If you are one of the users who like to be up to date with the latest news regarding the operating system of their smartphone, you should know that the Android 8.0 Oreo is the newest OS launched by Google. Now, if you want to install the Android 8.0 Factory Image for your Google Pixel to test its features before the OTA Update files arrive at your device, find the guidelines and instructions on how to easily do it.
The new Android 8.0 OREO factory image files are available for the Google Pixel devices from the following carriers: T-Mobile, sprint, US Cellular, Project Fi, Rogers, and Telstra. If you use a Google Pixel device from one of the mentioned carriers you can complete the installation of Android Oreo OS factory image.
The Oreo Factory Image allows you to restore your Google Pixel smartphone to the stock Android firmware, or you can use them to update the smartphone to a new OS build. Before proceeding you must know that by flashing the factory image all the data files from your device will be deleted, so make sure that you back up all its important for you.
The following guidelines need to be also checked before starting the updating process:
- This guide is only for the Google Pixel smartphones from the following carriers: T-Mobile, Sprint, US Cellular, Project Fi, Rogers, and Telstra. Don’t use it for other Google Pixel models or other devices.
- Use this guide only if you are an advanced user, because we cannot be blamed in case you brick your device or you lose important data in the process.
- The USB Debugging and OEM Unlock options must be enabled. These options are found in the Developer Options menu. If Developer Options menu is not listed under Settings, go to About Device and tap seven times on the Build Number. Once you’ve unhidden the Developer Options, return to Settings, open Developer Options menu and then enable both options.
- Charge your device and make sure it has more than 50 % power left before it switches off.
- Setup the Android ADB and Fastboot drivers for your computer to be able to connect to the Google pixel device.
How to setup Android and Fasboot ADB drivers before starting the installation process:
- Download Platform-Tools zip corresponding to your PC OS: for Windows from here, for Linux from here and for Mac OS from here. When the download is complete, extract the archived contents and save the files in the Platform-Tools folder.
- Download from here and install the Google USB drivers.
How to Install the Android 8.0 Factory Image for Google Pixel
- Download from here the Android 8.0 Factory Image file for Google Pixel. Extract the archived contents and place the files in the Platform-Tools folder.
- Power of the Google Pixel device and boot it into Fastboot Mode.
- Connect the Pixel device to your computer using the USB cable. Make sure that the Pixel device is recognized by your computer. If the device is not added, reinstall the FastbootADB drivers.
- Go to the Platform-Tools folder and launch a command prompt.
- Enter in the Terminal / Command Prompt window the command ‘’ fastboot flashing unlock ‘’ to unlock the smartphone’s bootloader. Please note that this process will wipe clean your entire device.
- Once the bootloader is unlocked, return to the Platform-Tools.
- Now, launch the Flash-all.bat installer script if you use a Windows based computer to begin the Android 8.0 Oreo factory image installation and if you use a Linux or Mac OS based computer use the Flash-all.sh script.
- Confirm the flashing process.
- When the installation of Android 8.0 Oreo Factory Image is completed you will see a confirmation alert.
- Unplug the USB cable from the device and reboot it into normal mode.