One of the reasons for Android’s popularity is that it offers a lot of possibilities for customization and optimization. If it’s not sufficient for you, you can opt for ROMs to enhance your Android experience. Today, we are going to guide you how to get all the features, apps and uniqueness of Google Pixel to your OnePlus 3T with the help of Pixel Experience ROM.
Basically, Pixel Experience ROM is a wireframe based on stock Android OS that powers the Google Pixel smartphone. It allows you to enjoy the features of Google Pixel on your OnePlus 3T. That means you can have an improved camera and the latest Nougat OS and much more on your OnePlus 3T. If you are an advanced user and looking to improve the performance of your OnePlus 3T, you are at right place.
The firmware is based on the stock Google Pixel OS and it is stable and smooth. Users who already tried the software on the OnePlus 3T has confirmed running without any problem. So, there is nothing to worry about it. Moreover, this ROM is installed with some dedicated features which are not there in Android. These features enable you with more customizations and optimizations for more power, speed, and even battery life.
It offers something new and unique to your OnePlus 3T, but keep in mind that the process is completely unofficial as the Pixel Experience ROM is developed by third party developers. It’s a custom ROM that can be flashed only manually and only after completing additions procedures. If anything goes wrong during the process, your warranty will become null and void.
In order to complete the process successfully, you need to follow some safety measures as mentioned below.
- Make sure to obtain the root access on your OnePlus 3T as you have to unlock Android system in order to install an unofficial ROM.
- Make sure to install a custom recovery image since the firmware package can be flashed only through a similar environment. It’s suggested to use the latest version of CWM or TWRP recovery for the custom recovery image.
- Due to the risks involved with the process, make sure to take complete backup including contacts, call logs, texts, images, videos, audio files, market apps, internet settings, calendar info, saved passwords, EFS folder, IMEI / NVRAM data and anything else before proceeding for anything.
- This update process is manual; you will be requiring a computer and a USB cable.
- Open you smartphone gain developer rights – open Menu, tap on Settings and select About phone. Now tap on Built Number repeatedly unless you get the message “you are a developer”.
- When you are that you get developer right access, go to Menu>Settings>Developer options. Now enable the USB Debugging
- Make sure your OnePlus 3T is sufficiently charged as your device may be switch off if the battery is below 50%. You can plug in the charger to your device because, in the case of sudden switch-off, your device might get bricked.
Get all the Google Pixel features on your OnePlus 3T with the Pixel Experience ROM
- Download the Pixel Experience ROM for your OnePlus 3T from here.
- Do remember to install compatible Google Apps from here; Google Apps are not included in the Pixel Experience ROM.
- To access both files easily, paste them on your computer.
- Connect your device to your computer with the help of USB cable.
- Copy and paste the downloaded files to your OnePlus 3T.
- Switch off our device and reboot your OnePlus 3T into recovery mode.
- Use the recovery mode menu for making a wipe first with the help of wipe data factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe Dalvik cache.
- Now head to recovery mode menu and select choose zip from SD card>Install zip from SD card.
- Select ROM file and install it on your device and repeat the same step and install the Google App package.
- Finally, return to the main menu of recovery and choose “Reboot system now”.
Now your device will be rooted by Pixel Experience ROM. Test and enjoy all the newly gain features on your OnePlus 3T.