Xiaomi Redmi note 3 gives you a good performance and speed even after being a mid range phone. But if you are an advanced user and want more enhanced features in your device, you can do the same by unlocking the bootloader of your Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 by following our step to step guide. This process will prepare your software for further customizations.
You should know that unlocking the bootloader is not a simple process. The process is quite complex and suggested only if you use some dedicated apps developed by third party developers. If you don’t follow instructions, things can go wrong, various software related problems can cause malfunctions on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro. So, it’s advisable to follow complete process step by step.
Basically, the bootloader is a non-removable software pre-installed on your device by Xiaomi. Its function is to load start-up programs and Android OS whenever you reboot your device. It has some pre-installed protocols to restrict further tweaking. If you are looking for more customizations, you will have to unlock that bootloader that runs on your device.
As mentioned earlier, it is a complex process. So, we are mentioning some preparation steps needs to follow.
- Make sure to take the backup of your data before starting the unlocking process as it may wipe out.
- For taking a backup you may consider the many options like syncing with Google account, store everything in the cloud.
- To take the backup don’t forget to include contacts, logs, images, audio or video files, calendar events, saved passwords or even IMEI.
- Open you smartphone gain developer rights – open Menu, tap on Settings and select About phone. Now tap on Built Number repeatedly unless you get the message “you are a developer”.
- When you are that you get developer right access, go to Menu>Settings>Developer options. Now enable the USB Debugging
- For the process, you must need a computer along with its USB cable.
- Make sure your Redmi Note device is sufficiently charged as your device may be switch off if the battery is below 50%. You can plug in the charger to your device because, in the case of sudden switch-off, your device might get bricked.
- Follow below steps only if you have a Xiaomi Redmi Note 3. Do not use this tutorial with any other Android phone or tablet.
How to Unlock the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro Bootloader
- If your computer runs on Windows 8 or above, make sure to disable the signature enforcement feature.
- Download the Mi Flash tool from here. After unzipping the file, install it from by following instructions.
- Download this unlock file from here and unzip it inside the C:\ drive.
- You also need to have download Fastboot and install on your computer. You can get it from here and save on desktop after unzipping.
- Now, switch off your device by the press and hold the Power key for a few moments and select “power off”.
- When shutdown process is complete then reboot into bootloader mode this can be done by pressing and hold the Power and the Volume Down buttons at the same time.
- With the help of the USB cable connect your device to the computer.
- With the help of fastboot folder, you unzipped already, run the reboot.bat executable file. When asked for entering EDL mode on your phone when asked.
- Now, run the Mi Flash tool with help of your computer.
- From this program select/load the unlockblonly.rar file.
- Press refresh button and wait for your device to display.
- Now, click on Flash and wait until the unlock process is being automatically completed.
With the help of above-mentioned method, you can unlock your bootloader on our Xiaomi Redmi Note 3. However, if you face any issue in the process, you can write to us.