Samsung has already released the Android 7.0 Nougat Beta firmware for its Galaxy S7 SM-G930F and S7 Edge SM-G935F devices. The new firmware is known as Samsung Experience 8, and not TouchWiz as you would have probably expected. The new Nougat firmware is just for the international variants and the OTA updates can be downloaded and installed through the Samsung Beta Program app only.
However, if you are a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge owner and you want to try this new firmware; there is a way for you to install the Android 7.0 Nougat Beta firmware, G935FXXU1ZPLN model number, thanks to the XDA member, ambasadii, who has created a custom ROM based on the final Beta firmware G935FXXU1ZPLN for two Galaxy S7 devices. This firmware is pre-rooted with SuperSu, Busybox and Viper4A installed, Knox disabled, and more.The XDA developer also removed some bloatware such as Microsoft apps, Knox and a few different, that can be downloaded from Google Play.
In this post, we will show you how you can download and install the Android 7.0 Nougat Beta 6 G935FXXU1ZPLN firmware for your Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge.
Prerequisites before beginning the installation process:
- This ROM works only on Galaxy S7 Edge or Galaxy S7 smartphones, so don’t try it on any other device.
- Unlock the Developer Options menu and enable USB Debugging mode from Developer Options. To unlock the Developer Options menu, go to Settings- > About phone and tap repeatedly on the Build Number.
- Unlock the bootloader of your device.
- Backup your device, before installing this ROM, because it will erase all your data, contacts, and apps.
- Make sure the device is fully charged.
- Follow all steps from this guide otherwise, your phone may end up bricked. Android Source team is not responsible for this.
- Download the USB driver for your device.
- Download and install the TWRP custom recovery image on your device.
How to Download the Android 7.0 Nougat Beta 6 for the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and Galaxy S7 devices
- Download Nougat Beta 6 G935FXXU1ZPLN for the Galaxy S7 Edge from this link.
OTA Fix for the Galaxy S7 Edge from here.
- Download Nougat Beta 6 G935FXXU1ZPLN for the Galaxy S7 from this link.
OTA Fix for the Galaxy S7 from here.
How to Install the Stock Nougat Beta 6 firmware on Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge
1. Download the Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge Nougat ROM and OTA fix files from the above-given links and save them on your device.
2. Boot your Galaxy device into Recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and Power buttons at the same time.
3. Once into Recovery Mode enter in TWRP, create a Nandroid backup of your device to be safe in case anything goes wrong during the installation process.
4. Make a Factory Reset, for that go to Wipe->Advanced Wipe and select “Wipe cache”, “Dalvik cache”, “System and data” and swipe to confirm.
5. Next, go to Install and locate the ROM zip file and swipe to install the ROM file.
6. After the installation process completes, flash the OTA fix file.
7. Now go back to Wipe -> Advanced Wipe and select only “Wipe cache” and “Dalvik cache” once more, and then reboot your Galaxy S7 device.
This is the complete guide on how to download and install Nougat Beta 6 for Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge via TWRP Recovery.