If you updated your Galaxy S3GTI9300 with the latest Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware, this guide will show you all detailed steps to do this. The root access will give you the possibility to install the new custom ROMs firmware available for your S3 GTI9300 smartphone.
When you root your smartphone, you must know that the rooting is a complex process and you must be an advanced Android user.
The instructions are available and can be applied only for the Galaxy S III I9300 devices.
Create a full backup for all your data stored into the device.
- Save your internet settings, APN and MMS settings, you need to note down from the following path: “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”.
- Enable the USB Debugging option, for that navigate to the next path: “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
- Verify the status of your battery device, this must not be below of 50%.
- Apply this tutorial and all the instructions only for theGalaxy S III I9300 devices .
- This post is only for the educational purpose. So if, anything happens to your device the android.sc team is not responsible for that.
How to Root Galaxy S3 on XXDLIH Jellybean 4.1 Firmware –tutorial:
- Download ODIN program from here and save it to your computer.
- Download XXDLIH Rooting Package from the link and save to your PC.
- Now extract the rooting archive file and the ODIN package in your PC.
- Open ODIN app in your PC, connect your device with the PC using the original USB cable and then turn off your S3 device.
- To enter into Download Mode. To enter in the Download Mode for Galaxy S3, press the Volume Down rocker key and Power Button together when your device is in power off mode. Note: If your S3 smartphone will start in normal mode, then you need to try again to enter in download mode.
- Now, in ODIN window click on “PDA” and select “CF-Root-SGS3-v6.4.tar”, after that click on START.
- After you pressed on START, do not touch the device or make other settings.
- When the rooting process was successfully done disconnect the smartphone and then verify your device to see if is rooted or not.
Note: if your device gets into the boot loop or give you get stuck in the welcome display, you need to remove the battery and then reinsert the battery and then redo the above instructions.
That’s all, now you learnt how to root your Galaxy S3, and with this root acces you are able to install in your device.