The first custom ROM for HTC One X Plus Android device is now available to be installed and we will teach you how to update your HTC with this custom ROM. This new firmware is compatible with Jellybean 4.1.1, the HTC One Maximum Plus custom ROM update. This firmware is stable and is running fast and the best part with this custom firmware is without error issues.
To apply this custom ROM firmware in you HTC device, your device must be rooted. To check this you can download the “Root Checker” application.
- Take the backup of the data of your smartphone. The process has been described in detail. You need to backup all your data stored into the device, If you lose data during the update you can restore your data after the update is applied.
- To save your internet connection APN and MMS Settings – you need to note down from the following path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging option following the next patch: “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, there check if the USB debugging option is ticked.
- Verify the battery charge level and make sure it is above 70% level.
- Apply these tutorials only and only for the HTC One X + devices .
- This post is only for the educational purpose. So if, anything happens to your device the android.sc team is not responsible for that.
How to Update HTC One X + with Maximum Plus Jellybean 4.1 Custom ROM
- First, download the Maximum Plus Custom ROM Firmware Package and save the zip file in your PC.
- Connect your HTC One X plus device to the PC with the help of original USB cable, move the downloaded zip file in your smartphone (make sure you don’t place this zip file deep into sub folders because exist the possibility this file to don’t be detectable in the Recovery Mode.
- Enter into Boot loader Mode in your HTC one X plus, to make this you need to press in the same time the next combination of buttons: Volume UP Key + OK button, and maintain boot buttons simultaneously. In the Boot Loader, select “recovery”.
- Now, in Recovery Mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” and select “Wipe Cache partition” you will clear all the cache data.
- In the same Recovery Mode, now, select” install zip from sd card”, and after that chose the downloaded file HTC One X Plus Maximum Plus Package.
- Select the zip placed file and install it, now wait around 5 minutes until custom ROM firmware installation is complete.
- When the update is applied you will be informed with the next message: “install from sd card completed”
- Now go back in the Recovery Mode menu and chose the “reboot system now” option.
- Verify if the update was applied into the device, check the following patch: “Settings > About Phone” and there you will see the firmware version as jellybean 4.1.1 HTC One X Plus Maximum Plus Custom ROM.
Congratulations, now you learnt to update your HTC One X plus device with Maximum Plus Jellybean 4.1 Custom ROM.