For all the Droid RAZR HD Android users an unofficial build of CM 10.1 custom ROM is available. We will teach you how to update your Droid RAZR HD smartphone.
This new custom ROM is only for testing purposes and you should use this ROM only to test the features. It is a custom ROM based on AOSP Android 4.2 and it was developed by a XDA developer named ‘dhacker29’.
- All of these instructions must be use only with the Motorola Droid RAZR HD smartphone. Your Motorola smartphone has to be rooted.
- These requirements are necessary to flash the new CM 10.1 Android 4.2 Experimental ROM.
- Create a Nandroid full backup for your existing ROM installed into your smartphone before flashing this custom ROM. A backup with the ‘SafeStrap Recovery mode is included.
- Create backup for all your personal files stored in your device. Verify the level of the device battery and it should not be less than 60% power value.
- You need to be an advanced Android user to apply this tutorial.
This custom ROM is only for testing purpose. It is an experimental build of CyanogenMod 10.1 and is not an official firmware by CM team. If something works wrong during the flashing process, you cannot blame us for that.
Update Droid RAZR HD XT 926 with Unofficial CM10.1 custom ROM based on Android 4.2
- First, download the custom ROM from HERE
- Download the Gapps pack from the next link from HERE
- Don’t extract the content of the downloaded zip files.
- Now, connect your Motorola Droid RAZR HD XT 926 to your computer and then copy and paste (move) both downloaded zip files on the internal smartphone SD card.
- Disconnect the smartphone from the computer when the files are successfully copied.
- Now, power off your smartphone and after that power it On. Your device displays the Motorola splash and there you need to choose the SafeStrap ‘Recovery mode’ option.
- From there, ‘Recovery’ menu, you need to select the ‘Backup’ option. Take a Nandroid backup of your actual installed ROM.
- This backup is extremely useful if you want to restore this actual status of your smartphone.
- Configure and Enable the ROM slot for unofficial custom ROM based on CM 10.1. Hit the ‘Boot Options’ in SafeStrap. Change the ‘minimum data partition size’to 1GB. Now wait to complete this action and then move to the next point. After the Partition is done you can use the ROM slot.
- Now, in the SafeStrap, press ‘Home’ and go to the main menu of the recovery mode.
- Select ‘Install’ and find the ‘CM 10.1 custom ROM’ zip copied file, confirm for installing it.
- After the ROM is successfully installed, you need to repeat the step 11 for installing the Gapps for CM 10.1 zip. Confirm that you want to install it and then return in the main menu (SafeStrap Recovery menu).
- Select ‘reboot system now’, and after that your smartphone will start the first boot in he new custom ROM.
- Wait around 10 – 12 seconds for completing the booting process.
That’s all, if you are in the face of issues or you discover any new bugs or errors in this custom ROM, please share with us using our comment section.
Note: If you don’t like this new custom ROM, you can restore your previous ROM using the backup file that you proceed before.
Remember that this is a custom ROM build of CyanogenMod 10.1 based on Android 4.2.1, and there you’ll find errors and bags, so we cannot be blamed for any issues.