If you want to learn how to flash HTC Sensation with Custom Revolution HD 6.2.1 ICS 4.0 firmware, we will share with you a step by step procedure. This custom ROM is an unofficial CM 10.1 and is based on Android 4.2.1.
This new firmware has almost all the features which has Android 4.2. It has the following features:
- PhotoSpere camera
- 360 degrees panorama
- Lockscreen widgets
- Swype-like keyboard
- Daydream screensaver and other features which you can find these in the CM 10.1 features.
Before to start our “how to” procedure, some prerequisites are required to be followed:
- All the information, instructions and the how to method works only for the HTC Sensation smartphone.
- Don’t try to flash this custom ROM in other devices. This ROM with CM 10.1 and based on Android 4.2 must be used only to test new features.
- The backup is very important and for that create a full Nandroid backup for your actual installed ROM.
- Your HTC needs to have an unlocked bootloader and it needs to have the root access. For that you need to root your device.
- Backup all the personal files stored in your device.
- Go to the next path: “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names” and there enable USB debugging option.
- All this instructions and the how to procedure are for the advanced Android users. Don’t skip any step listed in this article and apply all the instructions listed here.
- Reread all the above instructions and understand very clearly what you have to do.
How to update HTC Sensation with CM 10.1 Android 4.2 Experimental ROM
- First, download the custom ROM pack from the link listed HERE and save the file on your computer desktop, don’t extract the zip file.
- Next, download the Gapps pack from HERE, and like the previous step, save the file in your computer desktop.
- Now, connect your smartphone to your PC and for that you’ll need to use the original USB cable.
- Copy and paste the zips downloaded files at the steps 1 and 2 and then place these files in the internal smartphone SD card.
- When the downloaded files are completely copied, disconnect the smartphone from the computer.(Don’t extract the zip files).
- Power off your HTC Sensation smartphone and boot the device into CWM Recovery mode.
- To enter in the CWM recovery mode in the HTC Sensation smartphone, you need to press the ‘volume down’ and ‘power’ buttons.
- The HBOOT menu appears, and from there you need to select the ‘RECOVERY’ option, select it and confirm.
- From CWM recovery menu, select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ option, confirm this and move to the next point.
- Now, select the ‘install zip from sdcard”, select ‘choose zip from, Search the ‘cm10? zip custom ROM file and confirm that you want to flash it.
- When the ‘cm10. zip custom ROM file is installed, you need to repeat the same operation choose zip from sdcard’ and then install the Gapps zip file. Confirm your installation and wait to install the file.
- Now, return to the main CWM recovery menu and there chose the ‘reboot system now’ confirm and wait until your smartphone make the first boot with this new custom ROM.(wait around 4-5 minutes).
- When your device boots the first time into Android 4.2 CM 10.1 and display the home screen. Now, test all the new functions and please share with us your experience and the issues that you found there.
Note: If you don’t like this new unofficial CM10.1 Android 4.2 custom ROM firmware, you can back your previous ROM using the ROM backup file. Remember that this new custom ROM is only for a test because has some bugs and errors, us it only for test.