Now is time for Galaxy Nexus I9250 to be updated to the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, I the next instructions I will learn you how you can manually flash the Jelly Bean JZO54K on the Galaxy Nexus I9250 device.
This update it doesn’t change with more your device, this means is more a bug fixes. Like you know this update is no official changelog, but very soon we will receive one official update for this type of Google Nexus.
This update is a rooted ROM, and if your phone is already rooted don’t worry. For this latest update, you will need a custom recovery image to install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on your Google Nexus I9250.
Please read carefull these pre requisites, before starting, manually flash the Jelly Bean JZO54K on the Galaxy Nexus I9250 device.
First, this guide is only and only for Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250 and apply these instructions only for this model.
Your device should be have an unlocked bootloading, and running a ClockworkMod Recovery image.
Your device is recommended to be already rooted; you won’t need to re-root after the update installation because this update it is an update to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware which it is already pre-rooted.
Backup all your data stored on your device, move your data from your device on your PC.
In plus, we recommend saving:
- Your SMS with SMS backup & restore application.
- Call Logs with Call Logs backup & restore.
- Your internet settings configuration with APN Settings Backup & Restore.
- AppBack for Android.
- Sync your Contacts with your Google account. This method will sync your contacts details with your goggle account and all details about your contacts stored on your device.
Advertisement: Backup all your data, because this guide asks you to wipe data and to make a factory reset for your device.
Charge your battery device, if your phone will power off, a eventualy unauthorized action will corrupt the system files or the phone device.
Read again all the above instructions, before to forward at the next steps to apply the tutorial about how to flash the latest JB update on your phone.
Important: This tutorial is compatible and can be applied only for Samsung Galaxy GIOmodel number S5660 .
Warning: This post is only for the educational purpose. So if, anything happens to your device we are not responsible for that.
Update the Galaxy Nexus I9250 with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware:
- Download the AOSP 4.1.2 JZO54K firmware zip
- Save the zip AOSP 4.1.2 JZO54K firmware on your Computer and do not extract the archive.
- Download the Gapps for Jelly Bean, the same; do not extract the content archive.
- Download the drivers update for device (wi-Fi, Graphics device, and others device), this update will improve the performance for your phone devices.
- Connect your device to your Personal Computer, that after downloads are finished.
- Now, Move the ROM files, Gapps file and driver’s updates file on your smartphone’s internal SD card with the help from original USB cable.
- Unplug the Smartphone, from PC when the transfer files from your PC on your device are done.
- Now you should power off your device, booting it into CWM or TRP Recovery mode( on this case both mods are supported), For booting into custom recovery mode, you should press on the same time volume up button, volume down button and power button. Freedom the buttons when the display is power ON. Now select the Recovery to boot onto CMW recovery mode.
- Now, on the CWM recovery mode you should select “backup and restore”, this help you to create a full backup of the actual ROM which are on your device. (Only In case you created the actual ROM backup, then this backup can be skipped.) Now, after the backup is completed, please move you to the next step.
- Select ‘Wipe data/ factory reset’ and confirm this selection.
- Now Select ‘install zip from sdcard’ and after that select ‘choose zip from sdcard’
- Now find AOSP 4.1.2 Android JZO54K zip file and after that you should confirm you want to install this file on your device.
- After the ROM installation is done, select again choose zip from sdcard’ and now find the Gapps zip file and install it.
- Next, after the Gapps zip installation is done, you should install the drivers updates on your device, for make this select again choose zip from sd card’ and find the drivers update files and install it.
- Now return you to the main recovery screen, after all the zip files are complete installed.
- In this screen, please select restart system now’ and now you should wait for the boot process. ( This first boot process will take more time like in normal boot approximately 5 minute to complete, and be careful to don’t interrupt the process.
When the first JB 4.1.2 home screen is displayed you should access your Google Account details.
Note: If your first boot process is too long(over 15 minutes) then your smartphone gets into a boot loop, in this case you should to power off the phone and remove the battery and after that reinsert the device battery and repeat the instruction from this tutorial starting with the point 6.
This article is only for advanced Android users which know what they are doing. The new Android 4.2.1 is based in AOSP JZO54K Jelly Bean firmware, and it is pre-rooted, that means you already have the root access and isn’t necessary to root your smartphone, or to use another guide to apply the root on your device,
With this tutorial, you learnt How to update the Galaxy Nexus I9250 with pre-rooted Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware