There is a good news that official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow builds are now live for every Samsung Galaxy Note 4 user. If you want to know how to successfully flash the new Android 6.0.1 update on your device, read this article carefully. These updates are rolled out by Samsung different phases and not every user will get this update simultaneously.
Guidelines for using these instructions:
- This is applicable for the US cellular variant for Samsung Galaxy Note 4. Check the version of Settings > About Phone and ensure it is SM – N910R4 model. Don’t apply it on other models.
- Now download and install USB drivers and enable USB debugging option. Click here to download this: http://androidhost.org/XIVsA. This will help detect your smartphone by computer. To enable the USB debugging option, go to Settings > Developers Option > USB debugging option.
- Remember that root access will not survive. It will be replaced by a stock recovery image.
- It is possible to install new update over custom ROM, but it will require to reset factory reset. The internal data will remain safe even after the process.
- Don’t skip any step.
- This guide is for advanced Android users and we can’t be held responsible in case you damage your phone during the process.
How To Update US Cellular Galaxy Note 4 To Android 6.0.1 Mashmallow
- In the first step, you should download Android 6.0.1 firmware from http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/download/100050/N910R4TYU1CPI2_N910R4USC1CPI2_USC/
- Now extract the content from the archive. You will get N910R4TYU1CPI2 tar.md5 firmware, but avoid extracting this.
- Now download the Odin application from here: http://droidhost.org/H71jkq and unzip the file.
- Switch off your phone.
- Boot the phone in download mode.
- Launch Odin on PC.
- Use USB cable to connect your phone with PC. If your phone is not detected by PC that indicates USB drivers are not installed properly. Install it again.
- Go to Odin and click the AP button and find the N910R4TYU1CPI2 tar.md5 file in Odin.
- Press START button to start the update process. After the process is over you phone will go into reboot in normal mode.
- Disconnect the phone from PC.
- The process is complete and your phone is updated.
In case Odin alerts FAIL, you should repeat the whole process. If PASS alert is shown, but phone goes in boot loop, factory reset your phone. To do that switch off phone > boot into recovery mode > select wipe data > confirm process and then reboot device.
If you face any problem, just write your comments below in the comment section. It will help us answer your question.
Unplug the phone from PC and then use your default login info in order to regain control over your device.