The Android 7.0 Nougat update is now live for the Samsung Galaxy A7 2016 sold in Latin America. The new update is pushed via OTA is reaching the devices in stages. This means that not all users are getting it at the same time. For advanced users who are eager to experience Android 7.0 update on their devices before the OTA update arrives in the region, go through this post.
This tutorial is meantonly for the A710M models of the Samsung Galaxy A7 2016 smartphones, so make sure you are not trying to update another model. If you are not an advanced user, then you should better wait until the OTA update will be automatically be pushed by Samsung to your phone.
The guide can be used for restoring the Galaxy A7 2016 devices to the 100% Android stock firmware as there are many users at this time running a custom Android ROM on their devices. Now, before starting the manual installation process, read and be sure you met all the following requirements:
- Your Samsung Galaxy A7 is a 2016 SM – A710M model from Latin America.
- On your computer, download from here and install the Samsung USB drivers.
- For the ODIN flashing tool to run on the computer and connect to the Samsung Galaxy A7 device it needs not only to install the above USB drives but also to enable the USB Debugging from the device’s Developer Options menu.
- The Developer Options menu can be unhidden from Settings-> About Device-> Software Info and then by tapping 7 times on the Build Number text. Next, open the Developer Options menu and enable USB Debugging option.
- If you are running a rooted firmware, after flashing the Android 7.0 Nougat update, the root access will be removed in the process. Also, any custom Recovery that you might have installed on your device, will be replaced with the stock Recovery image.
- In case you flash Android 7.0 Nougat update over a custom ROM, you will have to Factory reset the smartphone after that.
- Note that the Factory Reset process wipes clean the system partition and removes the old custom ROM to allow your device to boot in normal mode.
- Make sure your Samsung device has enough battery power left for the process to not be interrupted.
How to install Android 7.0 Nougat Update for 2016 A710M Galaxy A7
- On your computer, download from here the A710MUBU2CQD4 update archive file.
- Extract the archived contents. You will get the A710MUBU2CQD4 tar.md5 file. Don’t extract the tar.md5 file.
- On your computer, download from here the Odin 3.12.3 zip file. Extract and save the contents.
- Power off the Galaxy A7 smartphone and then boot it into Download Mode. For that, press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power buttons at once until a ‘warning’ screen loads on the screen. Press Volume Up button to confirm Download Mode boot.
- Launch Odin exe.on your computer.
- Connect thesmartphone to the computer using the USB cable and wait until Odin detects the device. In case, ODIN can’t connect with your smartphone, reinstall the Samsung USB drivers.
- Click the AP button in ODIN and load the A710MUBU2CQD4 tar.md5 firmware update file.
- Click on the START button to confirm the Android 7.0 Nougat installation update process for your smartphone and wait it’s completed.
- When the installation update process is overthe device will reboot in normal mode.
- You can now unplug the smartphone from the computer and wait for the first boot of Android 7 Nougat OS to complete.
In case the FAIL alert message is displayed by ODIN, repeat the entire tutorial more than once and make sure that you won’t skip any steps from this guide.
In case the PASS message is displayed by ODIN, but your device enters in a boot loop Factory Reset it.
For Factory Reset follow the next steps:
- Power off the Galaxy smartphone
- Boot it into Recovery Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons.
- Select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ and confirm.
The Factory reset operation can be used also by users that were running a custom ROM on their smartphones.