If you are Galaxy A7 owner, you will be happy to know that Samsung has finally released the official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OTA in Europe. If you are not in Europe and want to enjoy the update, this article is for you. However, you should note that this is not for novice or beginner Android user. This is a manual update and be applied manually through ODIN tool.
Here are some of the points you should remember:
- This is not applicable for any other model number except SM – A700F. If you are not sure about the model number of your phone, you can verify Settings> About Phone section.
- Now you should download USB driver that helps establish connection between your PC and smartphone device.
- Enable USB debugging in your device. To do that go to Settings > About phone and tap the build number 7 times. After that go to Settings and Developers options and enable USB debugging.
- This official update can be applied on rooted device without losing important data files.
- It is not difficult to install Android 6.0.1 firmware with ODIN over custom ROMs, but you should be well aware of factory reset process. This can be done only when stock firmware running in your phone is absolutely 100%.
- To avoid any disruption, you should have a perfect battery back of 75%.
How To flash Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Update For 2015 Galaxy A7 A700F
- In the first step, you should download the Android 6.0.1 A700FXXU2BPH4 tar.md5 firmware update file. Click on this link to download the file:http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/download/97519/A700FXXU2BPH4_A700FNEE2BPI1_NEE/
- You should unzip the file once its fully downloaded. Also download the Odin and unzip the file on PC. To download it, click on the link: http://droidhost.org/H71jkq
- Switch off your phone.
- Now in the next step you will need to boot your phone which can be done by pressing Volume Down+ Home + Power button together.
- Now it’s time to connect your smartphone to Odin via USB drivers. If the Odin app does not recognizes the USB drivers you will need to download it again through the process already described above.
- Before doing anything don’t forget to disable re-partition cache.
- It is time to click the AP button in Odin. Look for Android 6.0.1 A700FXXU2BPH4 tar.md5 firmware update file in Odin application.
- To launch the Android 6.0.1 update, press START.
- Phone starts rebooting if Mashmallow is installed. Odin shows the PASS alert as a confirmation.
- The update is over.
Note 1: If the update fails, you will need to repeat the process.
Note: 2: If the phone goes in boot loop, apply factory rest. This is how you can do it.
- Switch off the phone
- Boot it in Recovery Mode
- Choose ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ option from the Recovery menu.