The One Maximus V4.0 firmware can be now installed in your HTC One X. This custom ROM comes with many features. Though, this is not official firmware released by HTC, but by the developer Football from XDA team.
Below we have a list with the new features for HTC One Maximus V4.0 Firmware:
To save your SMS and after you install the new custom ROM, you can restore all your existing SMS.
To keep your contacts, you can sync all your contacts with your Gmail account.
To save your current internet connection APN an MMS Settings, note down the following path: “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
Now, Enable USB Debugging by selecting from the following path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”,
Check your battery status and be sure the minimum charge left is 50% level, if your device is not charged enough, you can get turn off in the middle of the updating process.
If you take the decision to install this HTC One Maximus V4.0 Firmware in your HTC One X device, we should not be held responsible for any problems or damage happened to your smartphone.
Your device must be rooted and you need to unlock the bootloader. If your device is rooted you should know the warranty will get void for restoring your warranty, you must to reinstalling the official firmware update from HTC.
Important: This tutorial is compatible and can be applied only for HTC One X device .
Warning: This post is only for the educational purpose. So if, anything happens to your device the android.sc team is not responsible for that.
How to Update HTC One X with One Maximus V4.0 Firmware
- First Download the One Maximus V4.0 Firmware package and after that save this archive to your PC.
- After the download is done, connect your HTC One X device to PC with the original USB cable.
- Copy and Paste the downloaded zip file in your smartphone. (Do not place this zip package deep into the smartphone.)
- Disconnect your device from your computer, reboot your device into boot loader Mode.
- For the HTC One X device, enter in boot mode. This task is possible by pressing volume up key + ok button and keep holding both simultaneously with the power button.
- If you skip to begin in the boot loader mode and booting in the normal mode, you should try again.
- Now, into the boot loader mode, UP next and select “recovery”, to enter into the Recovery Mode.
- Now, in Recovery Mode, go and select wipe data/factory reset and after that wipe cache partition for deleting all the cache data present in the smartphone.
- In recovery Mode, go and select “install zip from SD card” > “choose zip from SD card”, select the One Maximus V4.0 Firmware package zip file which you copied into your smartphone previously.
- When the file is selected, please confirm the firmware installation.
This is all, now you learnt successfully How to Update HTC One X with One Maximus V4.0 Firmware, please use our comment section if you wave any issues or problems with this guide.