The Galaxy S5 New Edition G903M phones have been released in Latin America and you are going to learn how to manually update these devices to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. However, not all regions will receive the update simultaneously. Another thing is that this process is applicable for advanced Android users and novice users should stay away from this. This is a very good guide for Galaxy S5 New Edition G903M devices running on custom ROMs.
Follow the guidelines given below:
- Use this tutorial for the above mentioned Galaxy model only in Latin America and not for any other model. To check the device model, go to Settings > About Phone and confirm whether its right model.
- Now download and install the Samsung USB driver on your PC to get the phone detected by computer.
- Do download the USB driver, click: http://droidhost.org/5uPrUi
- For Odin to work, enable USB debugging option and you can do it by going to Settings and then find their USB debugging option and enable it. This is to be noted that flashing the new official update over rooted firmware will lead to a loss of root access. You can also install official Android files, but you will need to factor reset the device.
- Don’t skip any step during the process and don’t blame our users if something goes wrong during the process.
- To manually check for new firmware files, go to Settings> About Phone> System Updates menu.
- In case of any new firmware update, just confirm the process.
How to flash Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OTA Update manually for Galaxy S5 New Edition (Latin America G903M Model)
- Down the firmware from here: http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/download/72598/G903MUBU1BPD3_G903MUUB1BPD3_COO/ and save the file from your PC. Extract the archived content G903MUBU1BPD3 tar.md5 firmware and don’t unzip it.
- After that download Odin 3.10.7 from here: http://droidhost.org/H71jkq and unzip the file after the download process is over.
- Switch off the phone and boot it in the download mode. Launch Odin application on your PC.
- Odin will take some time to detect the phone. In case Odin goes to Options, disable the re-partition. Avoid editing other default Odin settings.
- Click AP Search for G903MUBU1BPD3 tar.md5 Android 6.0.1 updating file and load it in Odin application.
- Confirm the installation process.
Once the update is over, Odin will show you the PASS alert and your phone will automatically reboot. After that remove the connection of the Galaxy S5 New Edition G903M from computer and wait for the reboot to finish. If it shows the FAIL alert, repeat the whole process described above. If the PASS alert is reflected, but your smartphone goes in the boot loop, do the ‘factory reset’ of your smartphone.
How To Factory Reset Your Phone
You can do the factory reset by following the steps below:
- Switch off your smartphone and boot it in Recovery Mode.
- Choose factory reset and confirm the process and then reboot your smartphone.
These instruction will help you achieve the task easily, but in case you face any problem, you should comment in the discussion problem.